The Safe Custody feature for postpaid users can be used for a plethora of reasons. The feature helps the users keep their postpaid number active even without any continuous non-usage of Voice / Video calls (Outgoing or Incoming) or an outgoing SMS or a data session or usage of VAS Added Services for up to 90 days.
If the Safe Custody feature is activated for your postpaid number, your number won’t be discontinued and recycled. Airtel Postpaid users can activate the Safe Custody feature from the Airtel Thanks app easily.
Table of Contents
Steps to pause your Airtel Postpaid plan with the Safe Custody feature
Follow the below simple steps to activate the Safe Custody feature from the Airtel Thanks app:
- Download the latest version of the Airtel Thanks app or update it from the Google Play Store and/or App Store.
- Log in using your postpaid number.
- Tap on the services tab to access your Airtel services.
- Click on postpaid and scroll down.
- You will see a few shortcuts. Under that, tap on pause plan.
- A new window will appear. Switch on the toggle for Safe Custody.
- The service will be activated within 2 hours.
A few pointers to keep in mind
- Safe custody is applicable only for Postpaid numbers, and to avail safe custody you need to clear all outstanding amount (Billed + Unbilled).
- You need to pay Rs 50 + 12.36% tax * months (duration for which you need to activate safe custody) in advance. The minimum rent is 150+12.36% tax for the first 3 months.
When should you activate Safe Custody?
There are several reasons why you may want to switch on safe custody for postpaid numbers, which essentially means temporarily suspending your mobile number and all associated services for a specified period of time:
Prevent unauthorized usage
If you have lost your phone or it has been stolen, you may want to switch on safe custody to prevent unauthorized usage of your number and associated services.
In some cases, you may want to prevent others from using your number for fraudulent purposes. Safe custody can help prevent misuse of your number and associated services.
If you are going on an extended trip or plan to be away for a while, you may want to switch on safe custody to avoid any charges for services you won’t be using during that time. You can also check Airtel IR packs for your trip.
You may also want to switch on safe custody if you need to temporarily suspend your mobile services for personal or business reasons. For example, if you are going through financial difficulties, you may want to temporarily suspend your services until you are able to pay your bills.
In some cases, you may want to switch on safe custody to protect your privacy. This may be necessary if you are receiving unwanted calls or messages, or if you simply want to avoid being contacted for a period of time.
In summary, switching on safe custody for your postpaid number can help protect your number and associated services from unauthorized usage, avoid misuse, save money while you are away, temporarily suspend services, and protect your privacy.
If you are confused between postpaid and prepaid services, check online prepaid and postpaid difference for more understanding.
Also Read: 5 Ways to Find Entertainment Ideas