Google Chrome is one of the most popular web browser, available nowadays. One of the best feature of this browser is, it saves your password on different websites. Using this feature, you’ll be able to quickly log into your account without typing the password every time. However, recently, users has reported that Chrome not saving their passwords. So, if you are facing the same issue, and you want to solve it, then you just have come to the right place. In this guide, we’ll share the method to fix password save issue on Google Chrome.
Below, we have described some working methods to solve the chrome not saving password issue. So, if you are getting this problem, you can just follow the methods, and solve it easily. It is really easy to solve this issue when you follow the steps correctly. So, just follow the steps and you’ll be able to solve it easily. There are various ways to solve the password saving issue on Google Chrome. So, you should try the methods one by one, and see which one is working. Just follow the steps correcting, and you’ll be able to solve the issue easily. You can also fix this site is not available issue on Chrome.
Table of Contents
What is Google Password Manager?
Google Password manager is a feature from Google that we can found on Google Chrome web browser. Google Chrome is the official web browser from Google. It is probably the most popular web browser with millions of active users worldwide. Among all the features of Chrome, password manager is one of the best that you get. The password manager feature of Chrome helps you to save your passwords when you enter them to log into your different account. Chrome saves it is hash format, so it is safe to save the passwords on Chrome.
The password saving feature of Chrome is really useful. Because, it helps you to log into particular accounts quickly. When you try to log into an account, it automatically fills up the username and password. So, if you have saved password on a website like Facebook, you don’t have to enter your Facebook password again and again every time you log in. And the most interesting thing about this password saving feature is, it works on cross platforms. That means, if you have save a password on Chrome Windows version, and you are logged into the same Chrome account on your mobile as well, then you’ll be able to autofill the password when you open the website.
So, it is a really good feature of Google Chrome that you can get on your device.
How to Access saved Passwords on Google Chrome?
To access the saved password on Chrome web browser, there are two ways.
- The first way to view the saved passwords is to go to Settings>Saved Password on the Chrome browser, and there, you’ll get all the saved passwords. You can also search for particular websites in this option.
- If you want to view the passwords online, you can go to passwords.google.com and see the saved passwords easily.
How to Solve Chrome not Saving Passwords?
If the Chrome web browser isn’t saving passwords, you can follow the below methods to solve this issue. This problem can happen anytime to any user. However, you should just follow the below solutions to solve this issue on your Google Chrome web browser. Just follow the below methods, and you’ll be able to solve it easily without any problem.
1. Enable Save Password Option in Chrome
On the Google Chrome web browser, there’s a built-in option to enable or disable the save password feature. If you don’t want to use the save password feature, you can disable it manually on the Google Chrome web browser. This option of Chrome is enabled by default. However for some reasons, if it’s disabled, then you can face the Chrome not saving passwords issue on your browser. Although there’s little chance that this option will be disabled itself, but if it’s disabled, then it’ll not save the passwords on your Chrome web browser. So, the first thing that you should do to solve this issue is to look if this option is enabled or not.
It is really easy to see if the option is disabled. You can just follow the below steps to do that.
- First of all, open Google Chrome browser on your PC or mobile.
- Now, go to Settings>Password options where you can see all the saved passwords in the browser.
- On the top of this option, you’ll find ‘Offer to save passwords’ option.
- This option allows Chrome to save the passwords automatically and provides a pop-up for saving the password.
- So, make sure that this option is enabled. If it’s not, then just enable it and restart the Chrome browser.
That’s it. Now, it’ll start saving the passwords on your device.
2. Log Out of Chrome and Login
The next method is simple and easy. However, it’s a really effective method that you can follow to solve the password saving issue on this web browser. You just have to log out of your Google Chrome account, and log in again to see if it’s working. Now, the main purpose of this method is to enable the sync of Chrome. The sync option of Chrome allows you to sync various things like history, bookmark , as well save the password on different devices. So, while logging in to your Google account on Chrome, if you haven’t enabled this option, it’ll not save the passwords.
Just follow the below steps to do that.
- First of all, open Chrome browser.
- Now, on the homepage of Google Chrome, click on your Google account profile picture.
- On the bottom, you’ll see the sign-out option. Click on it.
- Now, it’ll log out your Google account.
- From the same option, click on Sign-in and log into your Google account.
- When it promotes for Turn on Sync, enable it.
That’s it. Now, it’ll enable the save password option.
3. Check cookies Settings and Clear Cache
You can also check the cookies settings of your Chrome browser and see if it’s allowing the cookies or not to solve chrome not saving password problem. Just like you have to enable save password if it’s not enabled, cookie settings option is also needed to be enabled if you want to save password on chrome. So, if this option is disabled by default, you have to enable it manually.
- To enable cookies, first, you have to go to Settings>Cookies and other sites data option on Chrome.
- Now, make sure ‘Clear cookies and site data when you quit Chrome’ option is disabled by default.
- If it’s enabled, disable this option.
That’s it. Now, restart Chrome and see if the issue is solved or not.
The second that that you should do is, you should clear the cookies and cache from the Chrome browser, and then check if it’s saving the password or not. Sometimes, the cookies can occur problem. So, just clear them and see if the issue is solved or not.
- To clear cookies and cache, go to Settings>clear browsing data option.
- Select ‘cookies and other sites data’ option and ‘Cached images and files’ option from there.
- Now, click on ‘Clear Data’ option.
- That’s it. It’ll clear the cookies.
Restart Chrome and see of the issue is solved or not.
4. Disable Chrome Extensions
Chrome extensions are really useful for sure. There are various chrome extensions that make your life easy while using this browser on your device. You can use these extensions, and do a lot of things on your device. However, if you have recently installed an unknown chrome extension, or if you have installed an extension manually on Chrome, then it could create the password saving issue.
So, you have to disable all the Chrome extensions, and see if you are able to solve the Chrome not saving passwords issue or not. To disable the extensions, you can go to Settings>More Tools>Extensions option and then disable the extensions one by one. It’ll disable the extensions. After disabling all the extensions, you can close Chrome, and open it again to check if the issue is solved or not. It’ll fix the save password issue on Chrome. So, disabling the Chrome extensions could solve password saving issue on your browser. So, just disable them, and you’ll be able to solve the problem easily.
5. Restore Chrome Default Settings
The next method that you can follow to fix this issue is, you can restore the default settings on Google Chrome, and check if it’s saving passwords or not. It is really easy to restore the default settings on Chrome web browser. To restore settings, you have to go to the Settings>Restore Settings to their original default option and restore the settings. So, after restoring the setting, you can check if it’s saving the passwords or not. It is a really easy and useful method that you can follow to fix the password saving issue on Chrome.
6. Update or Reinstall Chrome
It is an ultimate solution that you can try to fix the password saving issue on Chrome. You can update the chrome browser and see if you are able to solve it or not. Usaully, the Chrome browser is automatically update on your device. But, if for some reasons, it’s not updated to the latest version, you can try updating the browser manually. Then, check if it’s saving the passwords or not. To update Chrome manually, you can go to Settings>About Chrome option and check of the latest update. After updating, just reopen the browser, and see if the issue is solved or not.
Alternatively, you can restart the Chrome browser, and see if the issue is solved or not. Just go to the Control panel option on your Windows PC, and uninstall Chrome web browser from there. Now, download the latest version of Google Chrome from their official website, and install it. After that, just sign-in to your Google account on Chrome browser, and make sure you enable the sync option. That’s it. Now, it’ll help you to solve the save password issue on this web browser.
7. Use 3rd Party Password Manager
The last, but not the least option is to use a 3rd party password manager app on your PC or smartphone to save the passwords. This is an ultimate option. So, if any other options aren’t working, then you can follow this option. There are many good and popular password manager platforms are available out there. Some of them are free, and some of them are paid. Just install the password manager apps on your device, and you’ll be able to save passwords in them. Using the popular password manager apps on your device is completely safe. So, you can use them without any issues on your device.
Here are few of the good password manager apps that you can get
- LastPass: Lastpass is a freemium password manager app, available for multiple platforms. Using this password manager app, you can save and generate passwords on your device. You can use the free version of this app, and save passwords on your device easily.
- DashLane: Dashlane is another good app that you can use to save passwords on your device. Dashlane is also a freemium app. So, you can get the free version of this app, and use it on your device.
So, guys, I hope you liked this guide helpful. If you liked this guide, you can share it on your social media platforms. Just use the share buttons below to share this guide. If you are facing the password saving issue on your Chrome browser, you can just follow the above steps, and solve the issue easily on your device. It is really easy to solve it. So, you can solve the issue by following the above steps. If you have any question or queries, you can ask them in the comment section below. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.