When it comes to music streaming platforms out there, Spotify is one of the most popular among them. Spotify has millions of users worldwide who uses their platform to listen to their favorite music. However, there are many Spotify users, who wants to delete their Spotify account.
If you want to do the same, then you just have come to the right place. Deleting your Spotify account permanently is easy when you have the proper guide. And below, we have provided a step-by-step guide to delete your Spotify account. So, all you have to do is to follow the guide below, and you’ll be able to delete your account easily. You can also read about deleting your VK account.
Spotify needs no introduction. It is one of the most popular online music streaming services out there. There are millions of users who listen to their favorite songs on this platform. Spotify app is available for both Android and iOS devices. And you can play your favorite music in your browser with the browser version of Spotify as well.
Spotify has both free and paid versions. The free version of this platform comes with some limitations. However, if you go with Spotify premium, you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite music and all it’s features without any limits.
Why Delete Spotify Account?
If Spotify is the most popular music streaming platform out there, then why people choose to delete their accounts from this popular platform?
Well, there could be several reasons why people choose to delete their account from this platform. Below, we have described some of the common reasons.
- If a user isn’t satisfy with the collection of music on Spotify, and choose other music streaming platforms over Spotify, then can delete their account.
- If the user doesn’t like the interface or the features, then they can choose to delete their account and move away to other music streaming platforms.
- Spotify Premium is costly. So, if the user finds an alternative way to get the same features at a lower price, they might want to use that platform. So, it could be another reason behind deleting Spotify’s account.
- Spotify isn’t available worldwide. In some countries, it’s not available. So, if a user moves to that country but can’t use Spotify, they might want to delete their account because of privacy.
Can You Delete Your Spotify Account Permanently?
As you can see, there are many reasons to delete your Spotify account. However, the real question is, is it possible to delete your Spotify account permanently?
If you have the same question, and looking for an answer, then let me tell you that yes, it’s possible to delete your account from this popular music streaming platform. You just need to follow certain steps to do the same.
Before closing your Spotify account, you need to cancel any Spotify Premium subscription. After that, you can proceed to delete your account.
The process of deleting your Spotify account is same for almost all devices. So, you can follow the same method and delete your account without worrying about on which device you are using it.
Below, we have described the complete process of doing this. So, just follow the method, and you’ll be able to do that.
How to Delete Your Spotify Account Permanently?
Step 1: Cancel Spotify Premium
If you have Spotify Premium active in your account, then you need to cancel the Premium subscription first before deleting your account. Cancelling Spotify Premium is easy. Below, we have described the step-by-step process to do that easily. So, just go ahead, and follow the process to cancel your Spotify Premium account.
- First of all, open the Spotify app or web version.
- Now, click on your account logo from the right corner.
- Then, go to the ‘Subscription’ option from there.
- There, you’ll get your active Spotify subscription, click on ‘Change or Cancel’ to cancel it.
- Now, choose the ‘Cancel Spotify Premium’ option to cancel the subscription.
- Just confirm canceling the subscription, and cancel it.
That’s it. You’ll get an email linked to your Spotify account after canceling the subscription. After completing the process, you can go ahead and follow the steps below to delete your Spotify account permanently.
Step 2: Delete Spotify Account
Here comes the main process. Below, we have described the step-by-step process to delete your Spotify account permanently. So, after canceling your subscription, follow the next steps to delete your account.
- First of all, open the Spotify app or web version of Spotify.
- Then, click on your account logo and go to the ‘Account’ option.
- Click on ‘Account settings,’ and it’ll take you to the account settings page.
- There, you’ll get the ‘Close your account’ option. Click on it.
- Confirm closing your account.
- After closing your account, you’ll get an email.
- You can also simply go to this link, and click on ‘Close account’ option to close your Spotify account.
Note: After deleting your Spotify account using the above method, you’ll get a 7 day redemption time to confirm your decision. So, it won’t be deleted permanently when you choose to close your account. After 7 days, if you don’t choose to restore or recover your account, it’ll be automatically deleted permanently.
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q)
Do I need my Spotify account email and password to delete my account?
Yes. You need to be logged in to the Spotify account that you want to delete. So, you’ll require the username or email and the password. If you have forgotten the password, you can reset it using the password reset page.
How to restore/recover deleted Spotify account?
You can restore or recover your deleted Spotify account within 7 days or deletion. Just click on the email that you got after deleting your account, and they’ll restore your account back. However, after 7 days, Spotify will delete your account permanently. So, it’s not possible to recover your account after 7 days.
How to delete Spotify account on iPhone?
The process of deleting Spotify account is almost the same for iPhone, Android or web version. So, just follow the above steps, and you’ll be able to delete your account without any issues.
Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming platforms out there. However, if you want to get rid of it, and want to delete your account permanently, just follow the above steps. We have described how you can do that easily. If you liked this guide, you can share it on your social media platforms. Use the share buttons below to do that. If you have any questions or queries, you can ask in the comment section below. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.