Facebook marketplace has been a really useful and popular feature nowadays. On Facebook marketplace, people can buy or sell things. It is similar to buy and selling websites, but as Facebook is popular worldwide, more people notice things that are on Facebook marketplace. You can access this feature of Facebook directly from the app. However, many users have complained about the Facebook marketplace not working issue.
If you are facing the same issue on your smartphone or PC, and want to fix it, then you just have come to the right place. Below, we have described different methods to fix the Facebook marketplace not working issue. So, you can just follow the step by step guide below, and fix this problem of Facebook easily. All you need to do is to follow the steps correctly. You can also read about hiding likes and reactions on Facebook.
Why Facebook Marketplace is Not Working on My Device?
To use the Facebook marketplace, you don’t need to download a separate app. Facebook has a dedicated tab from where you can browse the Facebook marketplace. You can just click on the marketplace icon, and visit the marketplace. There, you’ll get different items for sale that you can buy.
However, some users have complained that the marketplace option isn’t showing on Facebook on their devices. Some of them even get error after they open the marketplace option on their device. There could be different reasons behind this issue. Below, we have described some of the possible reasons.
- Facebook Marketplace isn’t available in your region: As of now, the Facebook marketplace is available in some selected locations of the world. So, if you are living in a country or region where the marketplace is not available, then you might not get the option in your Facebook app.
- Language not supported: Facebook marketplace supports certain languages as of now. So, if the language set in your Facebook profile isn’t supported, then you might not get the marketplace option.
- App isn’t updated: If you have not updated the Facebook app for a long time, then you won’t get the marketplace option there. So, you should have the latest version of the Facebook app to use the marketplace feature.
- You are banned: If you have violated the guidelines and terms of Facebook marketplace, they might ban your account. And you won’t be able to use the marketplace feature after that. So, this could be a reason.
- Cache Issue: Although the chances are low, but if there’s a cache issue on your device, then you may face Facebook marketplace not working issue on your device.
How to Fix Facebook Marketplace Not Working Issue?
Below, we have described how you can fix the marketplace not working issue. So, you can follow the methods one by one, and fix this problem easily.
1. Restart & Logout
If Facebook marketplace has stopped on your device all of a sudden, then the first thing you need to do is to restart your device. Restarting your device will restart the app process. So, just turn off your device and turn it on.
Next, logout from your Facebook account, and then log-in to your account. If it’s a glitch of the Facebook app, then it might fix the issue. So, just try to log-in and log-out and see if it’s fixed.
2. Update App
If you are using an old and outdated version of the Facebook app, then you need to update the app to use the marketplace feature. Updating the app might fix Facebook marketplace not working issue. This method is for those who are using Facebook app on their smartphones and tablets. Below, we have described how you can check for an update for the Facebook app.
- First of all, open Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Then, search for the Facebook app there.
- If there’s an update available, then install the updated version of the app.
That’s it. Now, open Facebook, and then see if it’s fixed.
3. Check the Language
As told earlier, Facebook marketplace is available in some selected languages. So, if you have set a language on the Facebook app that is not compatible, then you need to change the language to fix the issue. Below, we have described how you can change the language.. So, just follow the steps below to do that.
- First of all, open the Facebook app or the web version on your device.
- Then, click on the profile picture option on your device and go to the ‘Settings and privacy’ option from there.
- There, you’ll get the ‘Language’ option. Click on it.
- Now, set the language to a marketplace-supported language or just change it to English.
That’s it. Now, just restart the Facebook app on your device, and then check if the Facebook marketplace is working on your device.
4. Use a VPN
If you are in a location where the Facebook marketplace is not available, then you might face the Facebook marketplace not working issue. In that case, you can get a VPN, and change your location to fix it. Changing the location will display Marketplace ads of that particular location. So, even if you’ll be able to enjoy the features, you might not get local ads. But, if the Facebook market is available in your region, still you are not getting the feature on the Facebook app, then just connect to your country’s VPN server. Then, open the Facebook app on your device, and see if the issue is fixed.
5. Check if Your Access has been Removed
If you have violated the community guidelines and terms and conditions of the Facebook marketplace, then your access to the marketplace might be removed. In that case, you can appeal and request them to review the ban. Even after appealing if they don’t restore access to your Facebook marketplace, then you just need to wait until the ban is lifted. Below, we have described how you can check if Facebook has removed your access from the marketplace.
- First of all, open this link on your smartphone or PC.
- If your access has been removed from the Facebook marketplace, you’ll get the message.
- Click on the ‘Request review’ option from there to appeal.
If you don’t see the ‘Request review’ option, you might have to wait until the ban is lifted.
6. Clear Cache
If there isn’t any ban or access removed from your Facebook account, then it could also be the cache issue. So, you can clear the cache of your device to fix the Facebook marketplace not working issue. Below, we have described how you can clear the cache of the Facebook app or your browser. So, follow the process below to do that.
- First of all, open the ‘Settings’ option on your device.
- Then, go to the App Management>App List option.
- Now, search for the Facebook app, and click on the ‘Storage’ option.
- Click on both the ‘Clear cache’ and ‘Clear data’ option.
That’s it. Now, open the app, and see if Marketplace is working.
- First of all, open the browser you are using and go to the ‘Settings’ option.
- Find the cache and cookies option from there and clear it.
That’s it. Now, open Facebook website, and see if it’s working.
7. Reinstall Facebook
Last, but not least method to fix the Facebook marketplace not working issue is, you can reinstall it on your device. Just go to Settings and uninstall the Facebook app from there. Then, download the latest version of the Facebook app from Google Play Store or app store. Now, see if it’s working.
Facebook marketplace is a useful feature of Facebook. However, if it’s not working, then you can just follow the above methods, and fix this issue. If you liked this guide, you can share it on your social media platforms. Use the share buttons below to do that. If you have any questions or queries, you can ask in the comment section below.