If you’re someone whose day doesn’t end without watching a Movie or TV show? then chances are, you might have come across problems such as “Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application” on your PC. People who watch live TV channels from Cable TV service providers on windows powered desktops are most likely to run into such issues. In addition to this, the error is also reported to slow down your PC, rendering it completely unusable. If you’ve been struggling performance issues on your PC for a while now, then you’ve landed at the right place.
Today, in this article, we’ll be sharing everything you need to know related to the Digital TV Tuner application and why does it slow down your PC without your knowledge. So, without any further intro, let’s dive into the topic straight away.
What Is Digital TV Tuner Application?
If you open Task Manager on your PC, you’d notice a bunch of apps and programs running in the background. One of them will be the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application. You may have also noticed the program consuming an absurd amount of resources, causing performance issues on your PC. It’s understood if you would like to terminate and remove the program since it slows down your PC by over 70%, which is insane.
To explain it in simple terms, Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application is a component of Windows Media Center, and has been scheduled to run on its own in the background without user involvement, The program allows users to stream Live TV Channels on their computers straight from their Cable TV service providers.
The main purpose of the Digital TV Tuner application is to look for any invalid or unlicensed tuners attached to your computer. You might want to disable the program, especially if it’s consuming way more resources than usual, causing your PC to overheat.
Is it safe to Disable Digital TV Tuner?
Ideally, you wouldn’t want to stop the program from doing its thing since it’s a component of Windows Media Center. However, from a performance point of view, it’s best to stop the program from running in the background of your PC to avoid resource consumption. Also, various popular Antivirus software have claimed that Digital Tv Tuner application causes significant performance issues.
In terms of security standpoint, there’s no harm if you remove Digital TV Tuner Application or shut it down on your PC. Go ahead with the below-mentioned methods without any hesitation to fix Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application error on your PC.
How To Fix Digital TV Tuner Application Error?
There are a couple of things that you can do in order to stop Digital Tv tuner from running in the background. Please keep in mind that you may have to try all of the methods mentioned below in order to stop the Digital TV tuner application from slowing down your PC.
Method 1: Stop The Program From Resource Monitor
An ideal way of terminating the program from running is by going into the Resource monitor tab in Task Manager. Stopping the program from Task Manager will not bring any harm to your PC, it’s absolutely safe. Go ahead and try it out by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to your Start Menu and Open up Task Manager program on your PC.
- In the Task Manager, select “Processes Tab” located on the top side of the window.
- Now go ahead and look for the “ehprivjob.exe” program under the “Processes” tab in Task manager.
- Check the CPU and memory usage of this program and end the process if it’s too high.
- Exit Task Manager and see if your PC is back to the normal state.
In most situations, ending the program from Task Manager would be more than enough to fix the issue. However, in certain cases, you might have to follow the other methods mentioned below to get rid of the issue on your PC.
Method 2: Uninstall Digital TV Tuner Device Application
If the first method does not work on your PC, then the only way is to uninstall the program itself by going into the Control Panel of your Windows. You may go ahead with the below-mentioned steps to remove the Digital TV Tuner application from your PC.
- Open up Start Menu of your Windows and Look for Control Panel.
- Navigate to the “Programs and Features” option in the Control Panel settings.
- Wait for a few seconds for the list of installed programs to appear on your screen.
- Search for the “Digital TV Tuner” application in the list and right-click on it to find the “Uninstall” option.
- Perform the on-screen instructions given by the wizard to complete the process successfully.
Once the program is uninstalled successfully, the resource consumption on your PC will return to normal state. You can open Task Manager to see the resource usage and see if its still high even after removing the program.
Method 3: Delete Registry Files From Your PC
In some situations, a part of the data will be stored in Registry files on your PC even if you uninstall the program. You’ll have to manually delete the entries by going into the Registry on your PC. Please follow the instructions as mentioned below properly to avoid any mishaps.
- Open up Run Program by going into Start Menu or Hold “Win+R” key on your keyboard.
- Type “Regedit” in the dialog box and hit enter and grant admin access to open Registry.
- Go to (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\) and look for Digital Tv Tuner related files in it.
- Once you’ve found Digital Tv Tuner related files, right-click on it to delete the entries.
- Exit the Registry window, return to your Desktop and refresh.
Open up Task Manager and check if things are back to normal like before. if not, then open Registry again by following steps and navigate to (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run\eg ui) and delete any entries related to Digital TV Tuner.
If your PC is legitimately running slow even after following the above-mentioned methods, then Digital TV Tuner Device application might not be the cause of it. You might have to call in an expert to evaluate your PC manually to check what’s wrong! Make sure to let us know the results in the comments after performing the above-mentioned methods on your PC.