The err_cache_miss is one of the most common error on the internet while browsing or suffering in the browser. Many users face the issue every day while browsing, and that is disgusting. The error appears with the error confirm with resubmission and sub error err_cache_miss. The error sometimes appears in developers’ tools also. The err_cache_miss is causing because of various reasons that become browsing difficult. In today’s article, we will discuss what is err_cache_miss and how to fix that.
What is err_cache_miss error?
The err_cache_miss occurs because of few catching problems. If the web page or application not coded properly, then the error will appear. Most of the time, err_cache_miss occurs because of browser fails to obtain a catch file from a website. The error comes because of some bugs, and corrupted extension are used on the web page.
Method 1: Reload the webpage
The first thing we can do while err_cache_miss error occurs is reloading the web page. This method will work when the error is having because of poor internet connection, loss of internet connection, or change of the network during loading. For reloading your web page, simply press Fn+F5 or Control+F5 or tap on reload page icon beside the address bar.
If this technique not works, then your network does not have any problem. You should try another method as discussed below.
Method 2: Clear Browsing History
The most common reason err_cache_miss error comes because of corrupted browser data.By clearing browser data, you can remove expired catch pages that can help you to solve the err_cache_miss error.
Follow the step to clear browsing data
- Open google chrome.
- Simply press Control +H or paste chrome://settings/clearBrowserData in url bar.
- Now select the history you want to delete and click on clear browser data.
Now you can get rid of corrupted browsing data. if the error appears again when visiting a webpage, move to the next solution.
Also, read err_tunnel_connection_failed
Method 3:Remove unnecessary browser extensions
Some of corrupted browser extension also cause the err_cache_miss because they blocked the webpages. Then you need to find out and fix them by removing that extension.
Follow the steps to disable extensions.
- Click on the top right corner of Chrome and click on customize and control Google Chrome.
- Now select more tools option and click on extensions.
- You will see all the list of extensions installed on your Chrome.
- Now remove unnecessary extensions or Ad-blocking extensions.
- If the error is not solved, then remove all the extensions.
If this method didn’t work, then follow the next method.
Method 4: Reset the Web Browser
If the above method didn’t work, then try to reset your browser to fix err_cache_miss error. Don’t worry; you don’t lose your Chrome data like history typed passwords.
Follow the steps to reset your browser
- Firstly open google chrome.
- From the drop-down list, click on Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Now click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Now click on reset setting.
Method 5 : Disabling Cache System
A corrupt catch file can cause catch error. The catch system will be disabled while the developer mode is on.
Follow the steps to disable catch and fix the problem.
- Go to Google Chrome and click top right corner to open the menu.
- Now select more tools option and click on developers tool or press Ctrl + Shift + I.
- Now you can see developers tools on your screen at the right side.
- Press the F1 key.
- Now check to disable catch option.
- Restart your browser.
Method 6: Upgrade your browser
Sometimes outdated Chrome can cause error err_cache_miss. Update your browser can solve this error.
- Go to google chrome tap on three-button on the top right of your browser.
- Now click on help and select Google chrome.
- Chrome will automatically search for the update if the update is available.
- If your browser is outdated, then update your browser. And the press lunch button.
Method 7: Reset the Network using Command Window
This method would be work if you saved a faulty network setting or any issue with your network. Using the command prompt, you will get the default network setting.
Follow the step
- Press windows+R key and type “cmd” in the Run window.
- Run command prompt as administrator or after typing cmd in run window press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to run the command as an administrator.
- Once the command prompt is open, type following commands one by one and press enter after each command.
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
Here is the various method to solve err_cache_miss error in Chrome. It is most common and easy to solve the error. You don’t need any software to fix this issue.