Many internet users are suffering from err_tunnel_connection_failed. It is a common error in nowadays and also easy to fix. The err_tunnel_connection_failed occurs because of the computer using a VPN or proxy server connect to the internet. The error occurs because of several reasons such as incorrect website domain configuration, proxy server DNS connectivity. The most common reason for err_tunnel_connection_failed cause because of chrome can’t create a tunnel connection with the targeted website.
At sometimes, browser data and cookies can also cause err_tunnel_connection_failed error. Whatever may the reason be you can solve the error by using the given methods. We will suggest you do a few things.
Solution 1 – Disable Proxy Setting
In most of the case, this method will solve the err_tunnel_connection_failed error. If you are using proxy IP address on your PC, then this error pop up. You need to change the proxy setting. By following steps, you can change your proxy setting easily.
- Press Windows+R key to open run window.
- In run window type inetcpl.cpl and click on the OK button.
- Now navigate to connection and tab
- Click on LAN setting.
- Now you can see LAN settings now unselect the Use a proxy server for your LAN option. And select Automatically detect settings option. Now click on the OK button.
- Now restart your PC.
Solution 2:Try resetting your TCP/IP and flushing your DNS
Resetting network settings is another method to fix the error. Here are the steps to reset the network setting.
- Open a command prompt as administrator For this type, command prompt in the search box. The command prompt will appear to right-click on it, and select option Run as Administrator.
- Type following commands in command prompt and hit enter after each command.
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset
- Now reset your computer. Now check err_tunnel_connection_failed error is fixed or not.
You may also like:
If you may get Rats! WebGL Hit A Snag error in chrome here are the solutions.
Solution 3- Set a New DNS Server Address
The IPv4 DNS address in your PC should be specified by your internet service provider. If the DNS does not resolve correctly, then a new DNS server address can solve the problem.
If above any method doesn’t work for you, then this could be the reason for the err_tunnel_connection_failed error.
Follow the steps to change DNS address
- Go to the bottom right side of your screen and find a network icon on the taskbar. Right-click on the icon, click on network and internet setting.
- Click on ethernet in an ethernet click on the change adaptor option.
- Right-click the network connection you’re using and select Properties.
- Properties will open select networking and find the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option and double click on it.
- Now click on Use following IP address. Now enter the following address.
Preferred DNS server: 18.104.22.168
Alternate DNS server: 22.214.171.124
After that, select Validate settings upon exit option and click ok button.
- Restart your PC. After that open Chrome and check the error is solved if not, then try the next method.
Solution 4 Clear Browsing Data In Chrome
Sometimes stored browsing data can be causing the error. So the next step is to clean browsing data.
Follow the step to clear browsing data
- Open google chrome.
- Simply press Control +H or paste chrome://settings/clearBrowserData in url bar.
- Now select the history you want to delete and click on clear browser data.
- If the error appears again when visiting a webpage, move to the next solution.
Solution 5 Reset Chrome Settings
If the above method didn’t work, then try to reset your browser to fix err_tunnel_connection_failed error. Don’t worry; you don’t lose your Chrome data like history typed passwords.
Follow the steps to reset your browser
- Firstly open google chrome.
- From the drop-down list, click on Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Now click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Now click on reset setting.
Solution 6 Update Chrome
Sometimes outdated Chrome can cause err_tunnel_connection_failed error. Update your browser can solve this error.
To update your browser follow the steps
- Go to google chrome tap on three-button on the top right of your browser.
- Now click on help and select Google chrome.
- Chrome will automatically search for the update if the update is available.
If your browser is outdated, then update your browser. And the press lunch button.
Are you getting ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED error in Chrome?, Here are some of the best solutions to fix Err_tunnel_connection_failed error on your pc. If you carefully follow the steps you can fix the error.