Google chrome is one of the biggest platforms for browsing because of it’s excellent features and security. Every single user uses google chrome for browsing purposes. Some of the users get the error message “Rats! WebGL Hit A Snag” in error bar of chrome browser while visiting a webpage. This error may appear in Google Chrom while browsing through certain sites such as Youtube, Facebook, or any other website though you can ignore this error, it will keep appearing again and again and will distract you a lot from your work. The error seems constant, even if you close the browser or reload the webpage. The error cause because of many reasons. In this article, we will discuss how to fix “Rats! WebGL Hit A Snag” which is quite easy.
What is WebGL?
How to Fix a “Rats! WebGL Hit a Snag” Error
This error needs to fix as soon as possible. Otherwise, you may lose your essential bookmarks, a data cache, cookies from your chrome browser.
Method 1: Using Hardware Accelerated Graphics in Chrome
We can fix this problem by disabling hardware accelerated graphics from the settings in Google Chrome. This is the easiest and perfect way to get rid of this problem.
To fix this, you will need to follow the mentioned steps.
- Open google chrome go to the setting or simply type chrome://settings into the URL bar.
- Now scroll down to the bottom and click on Advanced.
- Then scroll down and find the option “Use Hardware Acceleration When Available” and disable it.
- Now close and relaunch the browser
Method 2:Disable WebGL Flags in Google Chrome
- Open google chrome in URL section type and hit enter.
- All the available Chrome flags will open in search box type WebGL.
- If WebGL is enabled, then Disable WebGL.
- Now relaunch the browser for the changes to take effect.
Method 3:Reset Google Chrome Settings
By above mentioned 2 methods the error will be most likely be fixed, but it didn’t in your case, try this!
This method will reset your browser to the default state when it was first installed.
- Firstly open google chrome.
- From the drop-down list, click on Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Scroll down to the bottom and find reset settings to their original defaults click on it.
5. Click on Reset Setting. Don’t worries you don’t lose your Chrome data like history typed passwords.
Method 4:By Updating your Google Chrome
If your browser has not been updated for a long time, then the error may be occurring due to the browser being incompatible with WebGL content.
Updating the browser to the highest or latest version can solve the error.
- Open Chrome on your computer.
- Now tap on the Customize and control Google Chrome option in the top-right corner.
- If the update has been pending then update your google chrome
Method 5:Fix Rats! WebGL hits a snag with Chrome GPU?
- Go to “Chrome://GPU”.
- As shown in the image, you will find many errors but there look for the WebGL disabling error.
- Find the issue and again, restart your Chrome browser.
So this is about WebGL Chrome error, and we trust you can fix WebGL issues in your program now. Despite the fact that there are various reasons why this error can happen in one’s PC, yet this issue can be understood effectively by following the techniques we have referenced in this post. If you are getting no WebGL recognized messenger person games to an error on Facebook, and, after its all said and done you can take a stab at following these techniques to resolve it.