When it comes to video calling or virtual video conferencing platforms nowadays, Zoom is one of the most popular on the list. After the recent pandemic, due to the ‘Work from home culture, Zoom has gained much popularity. You can get the Zoom application on your smartphone or PC and do video conferencing easily. However, while using Zoom on their PC, many users have faced different types of issues. One of the common issues users have faced is the Zoom error code 5003 when they want to join a Zoom meeting. This annoying error won’t let you join a Zoom meeting from your PC.
So, if you are facing the same issue, and want to fix it, then you just have come to the right place. This guide has described how you can easily fix the Zoom error code 5003 without any issues. So, if you want to fix this issue and join your important Zoom meeting, then you need to follow the steps below. We have described different methods to fix this issue with Zoom on your PC. After following the methods, we hope that you’ll be able to fix this issue of Zoom successfully. You can also read about fixing the Skype audio not working issue.
Table of Contents
What is Zoom Error Code 5003?
Zoom error code 5003 is an annoying error code that many Zoom users have seen when they want to join a Zoom meeting from their PC. This error says, “Unable to Connect, Make sure you are connected to the Internet….”. And when you get this message, you can’t join the Zoom meeting.
As you can guess from the error description, this error happens because of a connection issue on your PC. It could be due to a poor Internet connection or other reasons. But the issue is related to Internet connection for sure. You need an active Internet connection to use Zoom. And when you don’t get it, you might get this error.
Below, we have described some of the reasons why you might get this error on Zoom.
What Causes Zoom Error Code 5003?
- Poor/Unstable Internet Connection: If you don’t have a good Internet connection, or if your Internet connection is not stable, then you might get this error on Zoom. So, poor Internet connection could be one reason behind this error code of Zoom.
- Zoom Server is Down: If the Zoom server is down, it might show this error. So, this could be another reason why you might get the Zoom error code 5003 while using Zoom on your PC.
- DNS issue: It could also be your DNS address that’s causing the issue. Sometimes, DNS can cause various issues, including this one. So, the DNS address could be one reason behind this problem of Zoom.
- Antivirus: If you are using an antivirus application on your PC, then it can cause the Zoom error code 5003 error on your PC. So, the antivirus can cause this error.
- VPN: If you are using a VPN on your PC when using Zoom, then the VPN connection could be the reason why you are facing this issue. So, this could be another reason why you might face this Zoom error code.
How to Fix Zoom Error Code 5003?
As there could be various reasons behind this error of Zoom, there are different solutions are available as well. Below, we have described the methods to fix this Zoom issue one by one. So, you can just follow the methods one by one, and fix this issue of Zoom easily. It’ll help you to fix this problem of Zoom successfully.
1. Restart Zoom
The first thing you need to do when you face this error code on Zoom is, you should restart the Zoom application on your PC. Just close Zoom and end the process from the task manager of Windows. Now, again, open Zoom application on your PC, and see if it’s working or not. If it’s working, you are good to go, if not, then you have to follow the following methods.
2. Restart PC
The next method is to restart your PC. Just turn off your PC, and then turn it on. Then, see if Zoom is showing the error or not. Restarting your PC can solve various issues. So, just do a simple restart, and see if you are able to use Zoom and join your meetings. This might fix this error of Zoom on your PC.
3. Check/Change Internet Connection
The next method is to check or change your Internet connection. If you have an unstable Internet connection, then you might face the error code 5003 on Zoom. So, you have to check your Internet connection and see if you are getting a good speed and ping or not. You can simply go to a speed-checking website like fast.com and check your Internet connection speed.
If it shows that you are not getting enough speed, then you need to change your Internet connection. If you are using a Wi-fi connection, switch to a mobile data connection and see if Zoom is working.
4. Check if Zoom Server is Down
The next method to fix Zoom error code 5003 is to check if the Zoom servers are down. Sometimes, you may face this issue if the Zoom server is down. So, you just have to check the server and wait until it’s up if the server is down. You can click this link to check if the Zoom server is down. If it’s down, just wait, and it’ll be fixed automatically.
5. Change DNS
Sometimes, the DNS you are using can cause issues with Zoom. So, you can try changing the DNS server on your PC and see if Zoom is working or not. Below, we have described how you can easily change your DNS server. So, just follow the guide below to change your DNS server address.
- First of all, go to the search option of Windows, and search for the ‘View network connections’ option. When you find it, click on it.
- Then, right-click on the network you are using and select the ‘Properties’ option.
- Now, select the ‘Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ option and double-click on it.
- Select ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’ option and enter 126.96.36.199 which is Cloudflare DNS.
- That’s it. Now, save the DNS settings and close the option.
Now, open Zoom, and check if it’s working or not.
6. Disable Antivirus
The Zoom error code 5003 message says that it might happen because of your firewall. So, if you are using an antivirus or antimalware software on your PC, then you should disable it and then see if you can join a Zoom meeting or not. You can simply open the antivirus software and pause the protection for a few minutes to check it. If it’s working after disabling the antivirus, then you need to allow the Zoom application and whitelist it in the antivirus software.
7. Disable VPN
If you are using VPN software on your PC to use Zoom, then it might cause issues. So, you can just disable the VPN and then check if you can join Zoom meetings or not. Disabling the VPN might help you to fix the Zoom error code 5003 on your PC. So, just disable the VPN, and then see if you can use Zoom on your PC.
8. Flush DNS
You can also flush your DNS server and clear the DNS server cache to fix the Zoom error code 5003. Below, we have described how you can easily flush the DNS cache. So, just follow the step-by-step guide below to flush the DNS cache on your PC.
- First of all, open the search option on your Windows PC and enter ‘Command Prompt’.
- Open command prompt on your PC.
- Now, enter the following command and hit enter.
That’s it. It’ll flush the DNS cache. Now, just check if Zoom is working on your PC or not.
9. Reinstall Zoom
Last, but not least method to fix Zoom error code 5003 is, you can reinstall Zoom on your Windows PC. To do that, you can just go to Control Panel>Add or remove programs and uninstall the Zoom application from there. Get the latest Zoom version on your Windows PC, and install it. Then, check if Zoom is working on your PC or not.
So, guys, I hope you liked this guide about fixing the Zoom error code. If you did, you can share this guide on your social media platforms. Just use the share buttons below to share this guide. You can ask in the comment section below if you have any questions or queries. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.