Knowing is believing. When you have undisputed facts about CBD, it empowers you to choose, buy, and use the product safely and smartly. CBD has taken the market by storm with its wide variety of products and uses. Right from the CBD gummies for anxiety to bath bombs, oils, tinctures, and capsules, everything is available with varying concentrations of CBD for people to enjoy and relax from the stress of the daily 9-5 job.
The blog will help clear some mystery shrouding the CBD and answer questions like what is CBD? Its benefits and even ingredients to look out for in the description.
How is CBD made?
Cannabidiol or CBD is the naturally occurring element in hemp or marijuana plants. Five hundred forty phytochemicals are identified and present in the cannabis Sativa plant (cannabis and hemp are the same species but having industrial/commercial differences).
Of the present active ingredients, CBD is the non-intoxicating cannabinoid. But THC is the psychoactive element responsible for the high and is the only main difference between hemp-derived CBD and cannabis-derived CBD.
The concentration of THC or delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol depends on the principal plant source: marijuana has THC as an active and main ingredient, while hemp contains only trace amounts of THC. Industrial hemp with a low-level THC compound is utilized in making the best CBD gummies, Sunday Scaries CBD tinctures for sleep, oils, and capsules. They contain less than 0.3% of THC by dry weight and are legal in most USA states, growing and selling.
The concentration and benefits of CBD do not change whether it’s derived from cannabis or hemp. The only main difference is that the amount of CBD available in hemp for extraction is far more than the cannabis plant.
What is Full-spectrum CBD oil?
The cannabis extract known as full-spectrum CBD contains all the other compounds present in the cannabis Sativa plant, such as terpenes, THC, and other cannabinoids that complement each other to produce a balanced effect. A full-spectrum CBD creates an entourage effect in the body that is highly chased and beneficial.
What is the entourage effect?
The human endocannabinoid system promotes the sensation of balance, working in unison, and stability of the core functions. The human body has two receptors — CB1and CB2, to which the cannabinoids bind and induce the homeostatic state of the neural system.
According to theory, the entourage effect is created when the CBD oil, introduced into the bloodstream with trace amounts of all the cannabinoids present in the whole plant extracts, interacts with the brain and nervous system. The entourage effect is the combined result of the dozens of different compounds present. THC, CBD, CBDA, THCS, and terpenes interact with each other and the cb1, cb2 receptors to boost the level of impact on the human ECS to promote well-being.
Other known cannabinoids like CBN and CBG bring in anti-inflammatory properties, anti-bacterial reactions, and pain relief. The interaction of all the cannabinoids with the nervous system depends on how one intakes the CBD product. CBD oil provides a direct introduction of CBD in the bloodstream to circulate and is one of the fastest ways to benefit from CBD oil. Other alternatives to oil are the best CBD gummies available in the market.
Compounds found in full-spectrum CBD:
- CBDA stands for cannabidiolic acid. Also known as raw CBD, it transforms into CBD when subjected to heat.
- CBN: just like THC, CBN is controlled and kept under 0.2% in many states due to its psychoactive properties.
- CBDV: cannabidivarin affects the brain on a neurological level to control and minimize seizures and nerve disorders.
- CBG and CBC both have therapeutic advantages that are responsible for enhancing the potency of CBD.
Difference between isolate and full-spectrum?
Full-spectrum CBD refers to the pure extract of cannabis (marijuana plant) without any removal procedures to get rid of the other cannabinoids present. But the isolated CBD is pure CBD extract obtained from the hemp plant, with NO additional cannabinoids and elements present.
The myth that by using isolated CBD, people are consuming concentrated doses of CBD. Hence, reaping the absolute benefits of CBD at higher levels is not a fact. But the truth is that it eliminates the entourage effect of the full spectrum CBD, which on the whole works on higher levels of isolated CBD.
Full-spectrum CBD has more noticeable benefits as compared to isolated or broad-spectrum CBD. In addition, the combined entourage effect is encouraged.
The concentration of THC compound might be low at the product level but may arise during the manufacturing level as CBD becomes concentrated. Therefore, the full spectrum CBD is very potent.
Following are the benefits of full-spectrum CBD:
- It helps with seizures, anxiety, muscle spasm as it interacts with the nervous system that is immediately relaxed and calm.
- Full-spectrum CBD has a more potent effect which is needed when calming mental disorders like depression, anxiety, panic attacks.
- Chronic disorders such as arthritis and epilepsy that require pain relief medication might want to give full spectrum CBD a chance for its natural composition, interaction with the pain receptors, and quicker effects (oils and tinctures).
- It treats chronic insomnia and is safe to use without causing the type of dependence.
- There are health benefits to the daily intake of CBD. Its anti-inflammatory properties keep the body healthy, regulate the digestive tract, and antioxidants purge the body of impurities.
- The THC element present is a known hallucinogenic ingredient. But its presence in such negligible quantities will only produce a slightly drowsy effect on people with low tolerance. The drowsy side effect makes it unfit for consumption during working hours.
- The tolerance level testing may take some trial and error. We recommend consulting the doctor before you start with any medication.
- The isolated CBD is advisable for beginners, and they can mature to full-spectrum CBD if the isolated extract fails to work for them.
CBD is a natural remedy to chronic pain and anxiety. The full-spectrum products have more relaxing effects and are perfect as a calming dose for mental health and disorders. While the quality of extract, both isolated and full-spectrum CBD, depends on the brand you choose. Research the brand and check for composition, THC extract before you buy the product.