Once a business goes online, it then needs to market itself in order to gain a larger audience. The first and foremost requisite is a website. A website’s ability to function online depends on having web hosting. Its advantages are appealing since they allow users to reach millions of readers and potential clients worldwide.
Let’s explore in detail how web hosting actually works:
- Firstly, what is web hosting?
- The online service of web hosting makes the content of a user’s website available to internet users. When they buy a hosting package, they are basically renting space on a real server to keep all the files and information for the website.
- The “hosting” component of web hosting refers to a service that businesses provide where they will keep the files for your website so that a web browser can access them.
2. How does web hosting actually work?
- A company’s website is a compilation of many files. They require a location to keep all of these files while building a website that is at the server for the hosting provider.
- Users keep all the media, files, databases, and other materials needed for a well-functioning website on this server
- The hosting package selected will determine just how much storage a user has.
A given user is likely to rent only a fraction of the server that they will be sharing with other websites if it’s just starting out online.
They may need to expand up to renting a complete physical server as the storage and traffic requirements grow, or at the very least, using a cloud or VPS server to access one’s resources.
- The user gains access to the server when they sign up for a web hosting subscription. This makes uploading the files to the server simple. Or, to easily develop one’s site, they may also install a CMS like WordPress.
- The next step is to register a domain name. Once the user buys it, they can point it in the direction of the server to inform web browsers that their files are stored there.
- Finally, the web browser then downloads the files from the server and presents them to the viewer when someone types in the user’s domain name or clicks on a link to your website.
- Some of the well-renowned servers providing the best hosting in India are Hostinger, Bigrock, Scalahosting, among many others.
3. Reseller hosting:
Today companies also opt for reseller hosting services. A web hosting company’s reseller hosting service enables an individual or company to market and sell web hosting services under their own name.
Some of the best reseller hosting in India is offered by Inmotion, A2hosting, Bigrock, etc.
- A user doesn’t need to manage the hardware or hosting software themselves if they use reseller hosting.
- Additionally, one may provide users administrative access, manage traffic, manage the advertising, and develop their own hosting plans that can be marketed to customers while utilising gear and software that belong to someone else.
Web hosting, therefore, is crucial for an online business. One may receive the tools and services they need to get your website online through web hosting. People can view your website from anywhere in the world once it is live. This ultimately works for better prosperity and the name of the online business.