It’s really easy to change your username on Twitch. However, there are some conditions that you should follow to complete the username change. Below, we have described how you can do that easily. We have described the step by step guide to do that easily without any issues. So, you just have to follow the guide, and change your username on this platform. Just follow the guide below to do that. You can also read about blocking ads on Twitch if you want.
Can You Change Your Twitch Name and Username?
Yes, it is possible to change both the username and the display name on this platform. If you don’t like your Twitch display name, you can change it and set any name you want.
However, you need to follow some guidelines to change the username on Twitch. Below, we have provided the guidelines that you should follow when changing your Twitch username.
- The new username should go with the Twitch username policy. If the username contains words that violate Twitch terms and conditions, you won’t be able to change or replace it.
- The username should be unique. If another user has the same username, you can’t set it as your username on Twitch. On Twitch, each username is unique. So, you should set a unique username that is not already in use.
- You can change the username once in 2 months. So, you should check the username properly and then change it. Because, when you update the username, you won’t be able to change it for 2 months or 60 days.
- Your new username will appear in your Twitch profile URL when you update it. So, the old URL, containing your old username won’t redirect to the profile page. If you have added your Twitch profile to any other social media platforms, you have to update it.
If you are okay with these terms and conditions, you can just follow the guide below, and change the username on this game streaming platform easily. Below, we have described the complete process of doing it.
How to Change Your Name and Username on Twitch?
1. Change Username on PC
Mostly, Twitch users use their PC to get access to this platform. So, if you are using a PC, then you can change the username from a web browser.
You can use any web browser to log into your Twitch account and then change the username. Below, we have described the complete step of doing that. So, you can just follow the below steps, and change the username on this platform easily without any issues.
- First of all, open your preferred browser on your PC.
- Now, go to Twitch.tv and sign in with your existing username and password on the platform.
- After you sign in, it’ll take you to the homepage of Twitch. Now, click on your profile icon from the upper right corner.
- Then, click on the ‘Settings’ option from there.
- Now, scroll down, and you’ll find the ‘Profile Settings’ section. There, you’ll get both the options to change the username, as well as the display name.
- To change the username, click on the pencil icon.
- Now, enter your new username. It’ll show if the username is available or not along with your new profile URL.
- Click on ‘Update’ to update the username.
- If you want to change the display name, enter your new display name in the ‘Display Name’ section, and click on the ‘Update’ Changes’ option.
That’s it. Now, it’ll change your username successfully.
2. Change Username on Mobile
Using Twitch on your mobile and want to change the username? If yes, then you can do that easily without any issues. Twitch is available for both Android and iOS smartphones and tablets.
So, if you are using Twitch on your smartphone or tablet, and need to change the username, just follow the below guide. Below, we have described how you can change the Twitch username on mobile. Just follow the guide below, and you can do that easily without any issues.
- First of all, open the Twitch app on your mobile.
- Sign in with your Twitch account.
- On the homepage of the app, you’ll get your profile icon located in the upper left corner of the screen. Click on it.
- Then, click on the ‘Account Settings’ option from there.
- Click on ‘Account’ and then go to the ‘Edit Profile’ option from there.
- Now, click on ‘Username’ and then the ‘Change Username’ option to change your username.
- Then, enter your new username that you want to set and then click on the ‘Save’ option.
- That’s it. You have successfully saved your username on Twitch. Now, go back and change the display name following the same procedure.
That’s how you can change your Twitch username using your mobile easily. So, just follow the above process, and you can do that easily without any issues.
Twitch Can’t Change Username – How to Fix?
When changing their username, many Twitch users face issues. They can’t change their username on this platform even they’re following the username changing guidelines.
If you are facing the same issue when changing your username on this platform, then don’t worry. Because, below, we have described how you can fix Twitch can’t change username issue.
So, if you are facing this issue, just follow the below steps to fix it. You can just follow the steps below and fix the Twitch username changing issue easily.
1. Change Browser
If you are trying to change the username from a browser on your PC, you should change the web browser, and then try changing the username. If you are using Google Chrome web browser on your PC, then switch to Mozilla Firefox and then try changing the username on this platform.
Sometimes, the username change issue happens because of the browser on this platform. So, you have to make sure that you are trying from different web browsers to fix the issue change the username successfully.
2. Try to Change from Mobile
Sometimes, it may create issues when changing the username from your PC. So, you should try changing it from your mobile and then see if it’s working or not.
To change your Twitch username from your mobile, download the Twitch app from the Google Play Stire. Now, follow the above guide to change it from your mobile easily without any issues.
3. Clear Browser Cache
Another method that you can follow to fix Twitch can’t change username is, you can try clearing the browser cache of your browser, and then try changing it. To clear the cache of your browser, you can just follow the below guide.
- First of all, open the web browser you are using on your PC.
- Now, open the Settings option of the browser. If you are using Google Chrome, you can click on the three dots from the right corner, and then click on ‘Settings’.
- Select the ‘Security and Privacy’ option from there.
- Check on the ‘Cookies and Other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files’ option and then click on the ‘Clear Data’ option from there.
- After clearing the browser cache and data, close the browser and then open it again.
That’s it. Now, open Twitch and see if you can change the username or not.
How to Find a Good Username for Twitch?
Confused about how to set your new Twitch username? If yes, then don’t worry. Because there are various username generators are available online that you can use to find good Twitch usernames easily. These username generators will help you generate good Twitch names without any effort.
Below, we have described the best username generator platforms that you can use to generate a Twitch username. So, if you want to set a cool or funny Twitch username, you can just pick it from one of these platforms. However, the username that you want to set must not be used by any other Twitch user earlier.
Nickfinder is one of the best Twitch username generators out there. This platform has a separate section for Twitch usernames where you’ll find hundreds of different usernames. One of the best features of Nickfinder is, it helps you to generate usernames with special characters. So, if you want to search by your name, you can also do that and get a username with special characters. You’ll also get a list of various trending usernames on this platform. All you need to do is to copy the username, and then follow the above guide to change it on Twitch.
SpinXo is a name spinning tool that helps you to spin your name and generates various names with AI. If you want to set your Twitch username generated from your name or nickname, then you can use this platform to do that easily. There are various filters and inputs that you can provide on SpinXo and then generate a perfect Twitch username easily without any issues. SpinXo is a free platform that you can use to generate a Twitch username and then set the username as the default username on this platform.
Welder is an AI-based Twitch username generator tool that you can use and get cool Twitch name ideas. It is really easy to use tool that helps you to find out the best username for your Twitch profile. On Welder, you can search with anything you like, and it’ll show the usernames related to the term. For example, if you search for ‘Cool and Modern’ usernames, it’ll show all the new trending usernames for your Twitch profile. So, you can just pick the username, and set it on your Twitch profile. So, Welder is another good tool that you can use to generate usernames.
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q)
How many times can I change the Twitch username?
As of now, there aren’t limits on changing the username. However, you have to wait for 2 months or 60 days to change your username again after you change it.
Can I change the Twitch username anytime?
If you haven’t changed the username in the last two months, then you can change it anytime you want. So, the 2 months waiting period is important when you want to change your Twitch username.
What will happen to my old username when I change it?
No user including you can use your old username when you change it. So, it makes sure that your username isn’t being used by others. Also, you should know that even you can’t use the same username again when you change it. So, it’ll be archived on Twitch.
How to check if a Twitch username is available or not?
When you want to change the username, just enter the username in the username field and it’ll show if the username is available or not. So, you can check the username availability from the username changing option itself. Just enter the username you want to set, and it’ll display if it’s available or not.
So, guys, I hope you have found this guide helpful. If you liked this guide, you can share it on your social media platforms. Just use the share buttons below to do that. Above, we have briefly described how you can change your Twitch username easily without any issues. So, just follow the above steps, and you’ll be able to do that easily without any issues. If you have any questions or queries, you can ask them in the comment section below. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.