Image Credit: pxhere.com
In today’s fast-paced world, ensuring that you’re always connected is crucial. For those using Airtel, one of India’s leading telecommunication service providers, there are times when you’d want to keep tabs on your account balance and even consider porting options. This article provides a step-by-step guide on how to check your Airtel balance and how to port your SIM number, should you need to switch carriers.
Table of Contents
1. How to Check Airtel Balance?
Keeping an eye on your balance ensures you never run out of essential services, especially when you need them the most. Here’s how you can check Airtel balance:
– Via USSD Codes:
– For Airtel main balance: Dial \123\# and press the call button. Your balance will be displayed on the screen.
– For checking data balance: Dial \121\2\# and press the call button.
– Using the Airtel Thanks App:
– Download and install the Airtel Thanks App from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
– Login using your Airtel number.
– The app’s dashboard will display your current balance and data usage. It’s a more visual and detailed way to monitor your consumption.
– Customer Service:
– Dial 121 from your Airtel number and follow the voice prompts. Choose the option for balance and validity information.
2. How to Port SIM Number to or from Airtel
There might come a time when you wish to change your service provider, either to Airtel or from Airtel to another operator. Here’s a guide to port your SIM number:
Initiating the Porting Request:
– From the number you wish to port, send an SMS in the format: `PORT<space>Your 10-digit mobile number` to 1900. For example, “PORT 9876543210”.
– You’ll receive a Unique Porting Code (UPC) via SMS. This code is essential for the porting process.
Visit the Desired Operator’s Store or Kiosk:
– If you’re looking to port your SIM number to Airtel, visit an Airtel store. Conversely, if you’re moving away from Airtel, visit the desired operator’s store.
– Provide them with the UPC and fill out a Customer Application Form (CAF). Also, ensure you have the necessary identity and address proofs ready.
– You’ll receive a new SIM card from the operator you’re moving to.
Wait for the Process to Conclude:
– The porting process might take around 7 days (up to 15 days in certain regions).
– You’ll be informed about the date and time of porting. During the actual porting, there will be a short period when your number will be inactive.
– Once the old SIM stops receiving a signal, insert your new SIM card.
– Your new SIM will be activated shortly after you insert it. Once done, you can start using the services of the new provider.
Key Points to Remember
– To port your SIM number, ensure that the current number has been active with the existing operator for at least 90 days.
– Any pending bills with the current operator should be cleared to avoid complications.
– While the porting process is ongoing, you can continue to use your existing operator’s services.
Whether you’re keeping track of your usage by regularly checking your Airtel balance or contemplating a switch to another provider, the processes are designed to be user-friendly. The flexibility to port SIM numbers and easily check balances empowers consumers, giving them control and choice in their telecommunications experience. With this guide in hand, you’re equipped to navigate these processes with ease.