Disney Plus, also known as Disney+, is one of the most popular OTT platforms out there. There are thousands of users who like to watch their favorite movies or TV shows on Disney+. In India, Disney+ has collaborated with Hotstar, known as Disney+ Hotstar. However, while watching movies or TV shows on Disney Plus, there are many users who face issues. One of the issues that Disney+ users have reported is the error code 142 that they get when they use the Disney+ app or the web version. So, if you are facing the error code 142 on Disney Plus, and want to fix it, then you just have come to the right place.
The error code 142 is an annoying error code that many Disney Plus app and web users have faced. Below, we have described the methods to fix this issue on Disney+. So, you can just follow the step-by-step guide below and fix the Disney+ error code 142 easily. We have provided different methods to fix this issue. So you can check which method is working for you. As there are different methods are available, you have to try the methods one by one, and see which one is working. You can also read about fixing Hulu error 94 issue.
What is Disney Plus Error Code 142?
Error Code 142 is an annoying error code many Disney+ users face while using the Disney+ app or the web version. This error code says that you have a problem with your Internet connection, and you have to check your Internet connection and then try.
Even after checking the Internet connection, this issue might not be resolved. And when you are seeing this error code on Disney Plus, you won’t be able to watch any movie or TV show on the platform. It simply won’t load. So, sometimes, this error could be annoying as it won’t let you watch any movie or TV show on the platform when it occurs.
Why do you see Disney Plus Error Code 142?
There aren’t any particular reasons why Disney+ users face this error code on the Disney+ app or the web version of Disney+. However, below, we have described some of the possible reasons why you might see this error code on the platform.
- Internet Issue: The error code 142 of Disney Plus is related to your Internet connection. The error itself says to check and change your Internet connection. So, the reason could be your Internet connection isn’t working, and because of this, you are facing this issue of Disney+.
- Disney Plus Servers are Down: If you are trying to access Disney+ while the servers are down, then you can also face this issue. Sometimes, the servers of Disney+ can be down. And because of this, you might face this problem on the app.
- App Issue: If you are using an outdated version of Disney+ on your smartphone or tablet, and facing this issue, then it could be due to the outdated app.
- VPN or Proxy: If you are using a VPN or Proxy to watch Disney+, then you can also get this error code on the app or the web version of Disney+. So, the VPN or Proxy could be another reason behind this problem of Disney+.
- Cache Issue: You can also face the Disney Plus error code 142 due to the cache of the Disney+ app or the browser. If you have not cleared the cache of the Disney Plus app, or your browser for a long time, then it may show the error code. So, this could be another reason why you are facing this problem on Disney+.
How to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 142?
1. Close and Restart
The first thing you need to do to fix the Disney Plus error code 142 is, you have to close the Disney+ app, or the web browser if you are using the web version of Disney Plus. Then, you just need to restart your device that you are using to watch Disney Plus. If you are watching on a smartphone or table, then just restart your smartphone or tablet. If you are watching on a PC or laptop, just restart your PC or laptop, and see if it works.
2. Check Your Internet Connection
The error code 142 of Disney+ is related to your Internet connection. So, you have to check and change your Internet connection to see if it’s working. Just switch the Internet connection you are using, and check if it works. If you are using mobile data on your smartphone to watch Disney+, then just connect to a Wi-fi network with a good speed and check if you can watch Disney+ on your device. It might fix this error code of Disney+ on your device.
3. Check Disney+ Server
The error code 142 of Disney Plus can also occur because of the server issue. So, you have to check if the server is offline. You can simply click this link and check if it’s showing that servers are offline. If it shows that the Disney+ server is offline, you must wait until the servers are up. So, just check the server and then see if it works.
4. Disable VPN or Proxy
Many users use a VPN or proxy to unblock Disney+ on their devices. So, if you are using a VPN or proxy, then you have to disable or change the VPN or proxy connection to fix the error code 142 of Disney+.
If you are using a smartphone or tablet, then just open the VPN app, and change the VPN connection. If possible, then disable the VPN connection and then try to open the Disney+ app on your smartphone. (Modafinil)
For PC users who watch Disney+ on Google Chrome, they can go to Settings>System>Open your computer’s proxy settings and change or disable the proxy from there. After disabling the proxy, just check if Disney+ is working on your device.
5. Update Disney+ App
If you are using an outdated version of Disney+, then you have to update the app and then see if it works. There could be glitches or bugs in the Disney+ app that you are using. So, you have to update it to the latest version and then see if you are still getting the error code 142 on Disney+.
Just open the Google Play Store on your smartphone or tablet, and search for the Disney Plus app. Then, click on the ‘Update’ option to update it on your device. That’s it. It’ll update the Disney+ app, and then you can check if it’s showing the error code or not.
6. Clear Cache
The next thing to fix Disney Plus error code 142 is, you can clear the cache of the Disney+ app, or you can clear the cache of the browser you are using to watch Disney Plus on your PC or laptop. If you have not cleared the cache of Disney+ app for a long time, then it may cause issues. Below, we have described how you can clear the cache of this app. So, just follow the step by step guide below to do that.
- First of all, open the Disney+ app on your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Then, go to the App Manager>App List option.
- Search for the Disney+ app there.
- When you find it, click on it.
- Now, go to the ‘Storage’ option from there.
- Click on both the ‘Clear data’ and ‘Clear cache’ option.
That’s it. It’ll clear the cache of the device. So, just open the app on your device, and check if it’s working.
If you are using a browser like Google Chrome to watch movies and TV shows on Disney+, then you have to clear the cache of the browser, and then check. Follow the below steps to do that easily.
- First of all, open Google Chrome on your PC.
- Click on the three dots from the upper right corner.
- Then, go to Settings>Privacy and Security>Clear Browsing Data and select the time range to ‘All Time’.
- Now, choose to ‘Cookies and Other sites data’ and ‘Cached images and files’ option, and click on the ‘Clear data’ option.
- That’s it. It’ll clear the cache from your browser.
Then, open Disney+ in your browser, and see if it’s still showing the error code 142.
7. Change Browser
If you are facing the error code 142 of Disney+ in your browser, then you just need to change your browser and then see if it works. If you are using Google Chrome, then just switch to Mozilla Firefox browser, and then see if it’s working. Changing the browser might fix this issue of Disney+.
8. Reinstall Disney+
Last but not least method to fix the Disney Plus error code 142 is, you can reinstall the Disney+ app on your device and see if it works. Just uninstall it from your device, and download the latest version of Disney Plus. Then, see if it’s working on your device.
Disney+ is one of the most popular streaming platforms out there. However, if it’s not working, then it can be frustrating. So, you can just follow the above methods and fix this issue of Disney+ easily. If you have any questions or queries, you can ask in the comment section below. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.