Rainmeter is one of the best tools to customize your Windows and Mac desktop. Using this tool, you can completely customize your desktop and give a completely new look to your PC. Using the pre-built skins, you’ll be able to customize your desktop in a single click. You just have to download the best rainmeter skins and then you’ll be able to give you PC a new look. However, if you don’t know how to install rainmeter skins on your Windows PC, then don’t worry. Because we have described the complete step by step guide to install a rainmeter skin on your PC below. So, you can just follow the guide and install the skin on your PC.
After downloading skins from the best sites for rainmeter skins, if you are facing issues installing it, then don’t worry. Because it’s really very easy to install the skins on your Windows PC. You’ll be able to easily install them without any issue if you follow the below guide. So, read this post completely if you want to know how to install rainmeter skins on your Windows PC easily. This includes all the versions of Windows including Windows 7/8/8.1/10. So, no matter which version of Windows are you using, you’ll be able to install the skins in any version.
About Rainmeter Skins
Rainmeter skins are the pre-built themes for rainmeter. Using the skins, you’ll be able to give a new look to your PC with Rainmeter. It’s not easy to customize your desktop manually with Rainmeter. So, there are many developers who develop pre-built themes in different categories that you can install and use with Rainmeter.
If you want to change a theme or skin that you are currently using on Rainmeter, you just have to install the skin and you’ll be able to change the complete look of your PC. So, for obvious reasons, rainmeter skins are very popular. People love to download different rainmeter skins and give their PC a new look. There are different types of skins are available for Rainmeter. So, you can download your favorite skins easily and install it on Rainmeter to give your PC a new look in 5 minutes.
But, many people, face issues while installing a rainmeter skin after downloading them. Because, if it wasn’t an option to install the skin automatically, you’ll not be able to install it easily. That’s why I have described the step by step installation guide to install the skin on your PC below. You can follow the steps to install a new skin on Rainmeter.
How to Install Rainmeter?
Before installing a screen, it’s obvious that you should have installed Rainmeter on your PC. So, if you don’t have Rainmeter on your PC, just follow the steps below to install it.
- First of all download, the setup file of Rainmeter from the link below.
- When the download completes, open the setup file and run it on your Windows PC.
- Select the installation language and click on ‘OK’.
- Now, select ‘Standart Installation’ and click on ‘Next’.
- Select the ‘Destination folder’ and select if you want to run it at Windows startup or not. It is recommended not to change any settings from there. Then click on ‘Install’.
- It’ll be installed on your PC. When the installation process completes, make sure to enable the ‘Run Rainmeter’ option and click on ‘Finish’.
That’s it. You have successfully installed rainmeter on your PC. Now, it’s time to install your favorite skin for Rainmeter.
How to Install Rainmeter Skins?
There are mainly two methods are available to install a Skin on Rainmeter. You can either install a skin automatically or install it manually to change the look of your PC.
The automatic process is really easy compared to installing the skin manually. However, if there’s not an option to install a Rainmeter skin automatically, you have to install it manually to use the skin.
Just follow the below steps to install a skin on Rainmeter.
Install Rainmeter Skins Automatically
The installation process of installing a skin on the Rainmeter completely depends on the skin file that you have downloaded. If you have downloaded a Rainmeter skin that is in .rmskin format, then you’ll be able to install it automatically.
- To install the skin, just double click on the .rmskin file or open it.
- In the installation dialog, you’ll see the ‘Install’ button. Make sure you have enabled the layouts of the skin and then click on ‘Install’.
That’s it! Now, it’ll install the skin automatically on Rainmeter. And you’ll get a completely new look of your PC with rainmeter and the skin.
Install Rainmeter Skins Automatically
If the skin that you have downloaded is not in .rmskin format, then the installation process of installing the skin is a little bit complicated. Because you have to install the skin manually then.
However, you can just follow the installation steps below to install a rainmeter skin manually. It’s very easy to do that. Just follow the step by steps correctly to install the rainmeter skin on your PC.
- First, see if the skin is in an archive format. If it’s in archive, you need to extract it. You just have to make sure that the skin that you have downloaded is inside a folder. Then, you’ll be able to install the Rainmeter skin manually on your PC.
- Now, copy the folder and go to this location on your PC – C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins
- Paste the folder there to use the skin.
- Now, right-click on the Rainmeter icon from the toolbar of your Windows PC, and click on ‘Refresh all’.
That’s it. Now, the skin will be installed on Rainmeter and you can use it.
So, guys, as you can see, it’s very easy to install the Rainmeter skin on your PC. So, you shouldn’t have face any problem while installing a skin on Rainmeter. But, if you face any issue while installing a Rainmeter skin, you can just comment down in the comment section below. And we’ll try to fix the issue that you are facing while installing a skin on Rainmeter.