Do you want to lock the YouTube screen when watching YouTube videos? If yes, then you just have come to the right place. As we know, YouTube is one of the most popular video-sharing platforms nowadays. On YouTube, you can share videos, as well as watch content from YouTubers around the world. However, many prefer to lock the screen when watching videos on this platform. There could be two different ways to lock your screen when watching videos on this video-sharing platform. You can either lock the screen when watching videos or disable touch to prevent go back from YouTube.
Or, you can lock your YouTube screen and play the video in background mode. Below, we have described ways to lock your screen with this popular video sharing platform. So, all you have to do is follow the steps below, and you can lock your screen on this video-sharing platform easily without any issues. There are different methods are available that you can use to lock the screen. And below, we have described all the possible methods to do that. So, just follow the step-by-step guide below, and you can do that easily without any issues. You can also read about fixing YouTube audio renderer error.
Table of Contents
Why Lock YouTube Screen While Watching Videos?
As said earlier, there can be different reasons why you need to lock the screen when watching videos.
Below, we have described some reasons.
- You don’t want to be interrupted: No one wants to be interrupted when watching their favorite videos, right? You get a screen lock feature with an offline media player app, but YouTube doesn’t officially provide this feature. So, if you want to lock the touch for a seamless watching experience, you can lock your screen.
- Your Kid’s watching videos: Although YouTube has its dedicated YouTube kids app, you don’t get the screen lock feature on the app. So, if you don’t want that your kid uses your phone when watching videos, you can lock the screen. This way, your kid won’t be able to touch the screen and open other apps when watching YouTube.
- You want background playback: This is a different reason. If you want to lock your screen and play the video in the background, you can do that. Below, we have described the method for background playback as well.
How to Lock YouTube Screen on Android?
There are different methods are available to prevent touch when watching YouTube videos. We have shown two different ways to do this. So, you can follow your preferred method and disable touch when you or your kid is watching videos on this video sharing platform.
1. Use Pinning Feature
Screen pinning is a feature that you get with the latest version of Android OS. It is a really useful feature that’ll help you to lock your screen when not only just watching YouTube videos but for other apps as well.
The screen pinning feature pins the app that you select and prevents closing the app. So, after enabling this option for YouTube, even if you press back or try to close the app, it won’t be closed.
Also, this will disable your default screen lock. So, if you want to lock your YouTube screen when watching videos, this is one of the best methods you can try.
Below, we have described how you can use the screen pinning feature to pin YouTube app.
But, there are some things you need to do before you use the screen pinning feature of Android.
- Make sure you have disabled the navigation gestures of your Android device and enabled traditional buttons to use the pinning feature. Just go to Settings>System Navigation>Buttons option, and choose your button layout.
- When you pin an app on your Android device, you won’t be able to receive calls or turn off the alarm.
Now, let’s see how you can use the pinning feature on the YouTube app.
- First of all, open the Settings option on your Android device.
- Then, go to Password & security>System security>Screen pinning and enable the screen pinning option from there.
- Now, open the YouTube app on your Android device and any video you want to watch.
- Then, press the recent apps button of your Android device.
- It’ll show the recent apps. You’ll get three dots located at the upper side of the YouTube app. Click on it.
- Then, click on ‘Pin’ option.
- That’s it; It’ll pin the YouTube app. Now, you can’t exit from the app.
- To unpin, just press and hold the recent apps and the back buttons simultaneously, and it’ll disable the pinning.
That’s how you can easily lock the YouTube screen on your Android device.
2. Using 3rd Party Apps
There are many 3rd party apps are available for Android devices that help you to prevent lock screen when watching videos.
Touch lock is a popular app that you can use to do that. Below, we have described how you can use the touch lock app to lock YouTube screen.
- First of all, download and install Touchlock app on your Android device.
- Open, and enable the app.
- Open YouTube and enjoy!
How to Enable Background Playback on YouTube?
If you want to enable background playback on YouTube, there are different methods are available as well. Below, we have described some of them.
- Use YouTube Premium: When you get YouTube Premium subscription, it’ll help you to enable background playback. YouTube Premium helps you get various features you don’t get with the regular version of YouTube.
- Use MOD Apps: There are various YouTube MODs are available that helps you to get the background playback feature. So, you can use any of them.
So, guys, I hope you liked this guide. You can share this guide on your social media platforms if you did. You can also comment down in the comment section below, and share your feedback.