How To Make a Welcome Channel In Discord:- Discord is a pretty popular app within the gaming community, the platform has millions and millions of registered users from all around the world. It is mainly used by gamers in order to communicate with their teammates through voice chat. With the help of discord, players can discuss strategies, improve team coordination, and have better communication. It’s a pretty useful app for gamers, isn’t it?
Well, apart from voice chat, nowadays, Discord is also being used as a social platform where you can create your own servers and invite people without any hassle. Nowadays, a lot of people have started creating discord servers and channels. Although, it’s fairly easy to create a server on Discord, but when it comes to creating specific channels on the server, people find themselves lost.
If you have created a new discord server, the first thing you should be doing is make a welcome channel on the server. Unfortunately, a lot of people do not know how to make a discord welcome channel, which is totally understandable. Therefore, we’ve decided to come up with this article where you will learn how to make a welcome channel in discord server.
What Is A Welcome Channel In Discord?
As the name indicates, a welcome channel is basically the first channel where the user will land upon joining the server. For instance, if new users join your Discord server through an invitation link, they’ll be first taken into the Welcome channel instead of putting them into the “General” or any other channel.
In the welcome message, you can set a custom message, which will show up every time a new user enters the channel. Plenty of discord servers have a separate welcome message where they provide information on the rules and regulations of the servers for new joiners.
After making a welcome channel, any user who joins the server will be first put into the welcome channel, unlike other servers, where new joiners will be directly taken to the general chat channel.
How To Make A Welcome Channel In Discord
Creating a welcome channel in your discord server is fairly easy, but if you wish to have an automated welcome message to be shown to new joiners, then you will have to rely on a discord bot. You may go ahead and perform the below-mentioned steps in order to create a welcome channel in your discord server.
- Go ahead and open up the Discord app on your smartphone or PC to get started.
- Go to the Server where you have the “Admin” or “Owner” role to proceed further.
- Now right-click on your Discord server and select the “Create A Channel” option from the menu.
- Type a name for your new channel, you can choose any name of your choice for the channel.
- Click on the “Create Channel” option at the bottom to successfully create a welcome channel.
Also Read:- How To Make An Afk Channel In Discord
How To Set A Welcome Message In Discord
The above-mentioned steps will help you in creating a new welcome channel in your discord. If you need an automated message to show in the welcome channel, then follow these steps.
- Firstly, open up the Discord app on your computer or laptop only to begin.
- Now add the “Mee6” bot to your Discord server by clicking on the attached link.
- After adding the bot to the server, you will be taken to the Dashboard of the bot.
- Make sure to sign up on the Mee6 bot website in order to use its features in your discord server.
- After successful login, navigate to the “Plugins “ tab in the dashboard to proceed further.
- Find the “Welcome Message” feature under the “Plugins” tab and enable it.
- On the next screen, select your Welcome channel name from the dropdown menu.
- Next, you will have to type a custom discord welcome message for the members of the server to see on the channel.
- After writing the custom message, click on the “Save Changes” option located at the bottom right.
- That’s all, once the changes are saved, you will see the custom message pop up in your welcome channel
In order to confirm, you can open up the Discord server and go to the Welcome channel. There you will find the welcome message you have written while setting up the custom message. You can always change the welcome message whenever you want by logging into your Mee6 dashboard.
Make sure to hit the “Save Changes” option every time you edit or make a change for the server.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q:- What are the charges for using the Mee6 bot to show custom messages?
A:- For showing custom messages in the welcome channel, there are no charges, it’s completely free. However, if you wish to use other features of the bot, then you may have to pay.
Q:- How many times can I change the welcome message on my server?
A:- You can change or edit the welcome message of your server as many times as you want simply by going into the Dashboard of the bot.
Q:- What are the benefits of a Welcome Channel in Discord?
A:- It’s always good to have a welcome channel in your discord server where you can provide important information about the server such as rules, roles, etc. However, it’s up to you, to have a welcome channel or not.
The Mee6 Discord bot allows you to change and edit the message of your Welcome channel without any hassle. By following the steps mentioned in the above guide, you can create a fully functional welcome channel with an automated message in your discord server. If you have any questions to ask regarding the creation of a welcome channel or with respect to the Mee6 bot, then drop it in the comment section below.