Snapchat is one of the most popular social media platforms out there. On Snapchat, when your friends upload a story, you get a story notification that you can open and watch the uploaded story. However, sometimes, Snapchat story notifications get annoying. So, if you are receiving too many story notifications on Snapchat and want to turn off the notifications, you just have come to the right place. Below, we have provided a step-by-step guide, that’ll help you to disable story notifications on Snapchat.
If you want, you can easily turn off all the story notifications, or you can select particular friends for whom you want to receive story notifications. Below, we have provided the complete guide to do that on your Android or iOS device. So, just follow the step by step guide below, and you’ll be able to disable story notifications on the Snapchat app easily without any issues on your device. You can also read about fixing Snapchat connection error.
Table of Contents
Why Turn Off Snapchat Story Notifications?
The main reason why people want to disable the story notifications on Snapchat is that probably they are receiving too many notifications on their devices. If you have a lot and lots of friends on Snapchat, then you’ll receive notifications every time they add a new story. So, it could be annoying to hear the notification sound every time your random friend uploads a story.
Also, it may consume the battery of your device and you may get a poor battery life on your device if the story notifications are turned on for everyone. So, what you can do is, you can either disable the story notifications completely on the Snapchat app, and don’t receive any notifications from your friends, or you can whitelist some particular friends and you’ll receive story notifications only when they upload a story. Below, we have described the process do that.
How to Turn Off Snapchat Story Notifications on Android & iOS?
No matter if you are using an Android or iOS device, you can easily turn off the story notification and get rid of the annoying notifications easily. Below, we have provided a step-by-step guide to do that. So, just follow the guide below to disable the story notifications.
- First of all, open the Snapchat app on your Android or iOS smartphone or tablet.
- Then, click on your profile picture icon from the upper corner of your screen.
- Now, click on the “Settings” icon from the top right corner of your screen, and go to the “Notifications” option from there.
- There, you’ll get all the notifications options on Snapchat. To disable Story notification, tap on the “Stories from friends” option, and turn it off.
- That’s it. It’ll disable the story notifications from all friends.
- If you want to whitelist particular friends to receive story notifications from them, just scroll down, and select the “Manage story notifications” option.
- There, you have to select the name of the friends for whom you want to receive story notifications.
- You can also search for a particular friend and whitelist them to receive story notifications from them.
- After selecting the friends, just click on the “Done” option.
That’s it. By following these steps, it’ll disable story notifications for all your Snapchat friends except for those you selected in the manage story notifications option.
So, I hope you liked this guide about disabling the notifications for stories on the Snapchat app. It’s quite easy to disable the story notifications. Just follow the above steps, and you’ll be able to do that easily. If you have any questions or queries, you can ask in the comment section below. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.