Is Hulu keeps kicking you out of your device? If yes, and you want a solution to this problem, then you just have come to the right place. Hulu is a popular streaming platform available in the USA. You can get the Hulu app on your device, or you can browse Hulu through your browser, and then watch your favorite movies and TV shows.
However, over time, many Hulu users face difficulties running the Hulu app, or watching movies and TV shows in their browsers. And one of the most common issues that the users face is that Hulu keeps kicking them out of their accounts issues. This could an annoying problem for Hulu users as it doesn’t let the user watch movies and TV shows on Hulu. However, we have described some solutions below that’ll help you to fix this problem of Hulu easily on your device. You can also read about fixing Peacock TV not working issue.
Table of Contents
Why Hulu Keeps Kicking Me Out on My Device?
This problem with Hulu has been reported by users worldwide. Users open Hulu to watch their favorite movies and TV shows, but they get automatically logged out from their accounts. Even if they try to re-login and watch Hulu, the problem happens over and over. There could be some specific reasons why Hulu users might face this issue. Below, we have described these reasons.
- Exceeded Watching: Usually, Hulu allows you to use your Hulu account on as many devices as you want. So, you can log-in with your Hulu account on multiple devices. However, when it comes to simultaneous streaming, you can only use your Hulu account to watch movies and TV shows on two devices at the same time. So, if more than two people are using your Hulu account at the same time to watch content, it might kick you out or show an error code.
- VPN: Hulu isn’t available in all locations in the world. So, many people use a VPN to unblock Hulu in their location. So, if you are using a VPN to watch Hulu, then the VPN can create problems sometimes. This could be a reason why Hulu keeps kicking you out of your account.
- Hulu Bug: It could also be a bug from Hulu’s end why it keeps kicking you out. If there’s a bug with your Hulu account, then you might see an automatic log-out issue on this platform. So, this could be another reason.
- Outdated App: If you are using an outdated version of the Hulu app on your smart device, then it could be a bug in the Hulu app. And because of this, you might face an automatic log-out issue on your device. So, this could be a reason behind the problem of Hulu.
- Cache Issue: The cache of your browser or the Hulu app can also cause problems and because of this, you might face this problem with Hulu. So, the cache could be the culprit why you are facing Hulu keeps kicking you out issue on your device.
How to Fix Hulu Keeps Kicking Out or Logging-out Automatically?
Below, we have described the methods to fix this issue with Hulu. So, you can follow them one by one to fix this problem of Hulu easily.
1. Restart/Power Cycle Device
The first thing that you need to do to fix Hulu keeps kicking you out issue is, you should restart or power cycle your device, and see if the issue is fixed. This is a basic step that you can do to fix this problem with Hulu easily.
If you are watching Hulu on your PC, Laptop, or Smartphone, then you just need to turn off your device, and then turn it on. Then, open the Hulu app or open Hulu in your browser, and then see if it’s working.
If you are watching Hulu on your Smart TV, then you just need to power off your device, unplug the cables, and then plug them into your device. Then, open Hulu and check if you are able to watch movies and TV shows on Hulu.
2. Log-out of All Devices
Next, you need to log-out of all your devices to fix this problem with Hulu. Hulu only allows two devices to stream movies and TV shows at the same time. So, if it exceeds the maximum number of simultaneous streaming, you might face an automatic log-out issue with your Hulu account. So, just log-out from all your device, and log-in on just one device. Then, see if Hulu is working on your device.
3. Check Your Internet Connection
It could also be the Internet connection that you are using and because of this, Hulu keeps kicking you out of your device. So, you have to check your Internet connection, and change if required.
You can simply go to any speed testing website, and check your Internet speed. If it’s showing there’s enough speed, then you jump to the next method.
However, if you find that there’s not enough speed or the latency isn’t good, then you can restart your router, and then try again. You can also change your Internet connection if required and then see if Hulu is working on your device.
4. Check Hulu Server
As told earlier, it could also be a problem of Hulu server why you are facing this issue. So, you can go to this link, and then check if the Hulu server is down or not. If it’s showing that Hulu server is down, then you need to wait until the issue is fixed.
5. Disable or Change VPN
If you are using a VPN to watch Hulu, then you need to disable the VPN, and then see if the issue is fixed. If Hulu isn’t available in your location, and you need a VPN to get access to it, then just change the VPN server on your device, and then check if it’s working. You can also switch to a different VPN server to fix this issue of Hulu easily.
6. Update Hulu App/Browser
The next method to fix Hulu keeps kicking out issues is, you can update the Hulu app on your device, or update the browser, on which you are watching Hulu.
If you are using an Android or iOS device and using the Hulu app to watch movies and TV shows, then you just need to go to the Google Play Store, or Apple App Store, and update the Hulu app from there.
If you are using a browser to watch Hulu, then you just need to update your browser and then open Hulu. And check if it’s working on your device.
7. Clear Cache
Next, you need to clear the cache of the Hulu app, or the browser that you are using on your device to fix this issue of Hulu. Just follow the steps below to clear cache on your device.
- First of all, go to the ‘Settings’ option of your device.
- Then, go to the App Management>App List option, and search for the Hulu app there.
- Click on it, and go to the ‘Storage’ option.
- There, you’ll get the ‘Clear Cache’ and ‘Clear data’ option. Click on both.
That’s it. Now, open the Hulu app on your device, and log-in with your Hulu account. Then, see if it’s working on your device.
If you are using a PC, then you need to clear the cache of your browser on which, you are watching Hulu. Follow the below steps to do that.
- Open the browser on your PC.
- Now, go to the ‘Settings’ option and find the option to clear cache and cookies.
- Select both cache and cookies from there, and click on ‘Clear now’ option to clear the cache and the cookies.
That’s it. Now, open Hulu on your browser, and see if you are facing the same issue.
8. Reinstall App
Last, but not least method to fix Hulu keeps kicking you out issue is, you have to reinstall the Hulu app on your device. Just uninstall the Hulu app from your device, and download the latest version of this app from the Google Play Store and App Store. Now, open it, and then check if it’s working.
So, guys, I hope this troubleshooting guide will help you to fix the issue of Hulu on your device. If you liked this guide, you can share it on your social media platforms using the share buttons below. If you have any questions or quaries, you can ask in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to provide your feedback in the comment section.