A fully furnished flat can prove to be a worthy asset for the renters. In case you don’t want to move your furniture and want affordable accommodation then your best bet is to rent a fully furnished flat in the city you are moving to. Searching for a fully furnished flat for rent in Delhi but not finding the appropriate one? Don’t stress. We have got your back. Here in this guide, we have listed some factors that you should consider to find the fully furnished flat for rent in Delhi matching your requirements.
Check how furnished the flat is
The term ‘furnished’ can have a different meaning for different individuals. It is essential to check if the flat you are going to have for rent is fully furnished or just comes with only a dining table, chairs, bed, or few appliances?
Just plan to have an in-person visit to the flat and check all rooms of the flat. Here is what you should expect in the fully furnished flat in Delhi:
- Living Room Furnishings: The living room in the shortlisted flat must be acquainted with a dining or coffee table, chairs, couch, bookshelf, curtains, and lamps. Also, electronic systems such as TV or stereo system must be placed in there.
- Bedroom Furnishings: Your bedroom must be designed in such a way that it offers peace when you rest in there. You should expect a bed with a soft mattress and pillows, curtains, a nightstand, an almirah for keeping clothes, and a dressing table.
- Bathroom Furnishings: the most essential items that should be placed in the bathroom are the toilet, bathtub, shower, and sink. Other accessories that are to be included are a toothbrush holder, bath mat, soap dispenser, and a wastebasket.
- Kitchen Furnishings: When it comes to the kitchen, it should include all the needed appliances such as a refrigerator, microwave, coffeemakers, dishwasher, toaster, and many more. It is also important to have a gas connection in the kitchen.
Does the flat have room for all your belongings?
Always remember that apart from the already included stuff in the furnished flat, it has also to store all your belongings. Before you rent the furnished flat in Delhi just evaluate if there is enough space to house all your stuff.
In case you want to shift your old furniture but there is not enough space in your newly rented furnished flat, then you will have to either sell your furniture or rent a storage unit causing you the additional cost. Therefore, it is better that you know about your space requirements and rent accordingly.
Go through the rental agreement
Once you are satisfied with the furnishings of the potential flat it’s time to ask the landlord for the rental agreement. Always remember to a rental agreement in writing to avoid any issue in the future. Just go through all clauses of the agreement. In case you are not able to understand any particular clause then ask the landlord to clarify. Check the housing cost, utility expenses, mode of payment, pet-related terms, after what time period the rent will be increased, and by how much amount, maintenance charges. Also, see if there are any restrictions related to having guests at home. Don’t forget to see for how long is the lease agreement and if you can make changes to the flat or not.
What amenities are provided?
When it comes to the fully furnished flats, it is not always about the furniture. Some properties provide access to more facilities than just furniture. Depending on the landlord and the flat building, you might be offered the following mentioned amenities:
- Building amenities: the building in which the fully furnished flat you are going t rent may offer various amenities such as a gym, swimming pool, laundry room, rooftop terrace, and others. Also, some buildings are pet-friendly offering amenities suitable for your pet.
- Wi-Fi and utilities: High-speed Wi-Fi connection and utilities including electricity, gas, water, etc might be included in the rent paid by you for the furnished flat in Delhi. Connection for landline, camera surveillance, or cable TV may also be covered under the rental agreement.
- Laundry: The furnished flat you are going to rent might also be equipped with that washer and dryer or you probably have access to the shared laundry room in the building.
Wrapping up it all!
It is not that easy to find a furnished flat for rent in Delhi. When searching for furnished flats you might get confused about which option to go with. The above-mentioned factors will guide you to rent the appropriate furnished flat in the great locality equipped with basic facilities and offering proximity to either your school or work.