League of legends directx error : League Of Legends is a fascinating and fast-faced competitive role-playing game where you will take control of a character with unique abilities and the objective is to defeat the opposing team and destroy their nexus to gain victory. To put it in simple, two teams filled with unique character and powerful abilities take on each other in a head to head battle where strategy and coordination play a major role to come out as victorious. The game, League of Legends, is quite popular on PC, with loads of players from all around the world. Overall, the game is very enthralling and demands a lot from the players to achieve victory. Most of these characters are adapted from several comic book collection.
The directx error has come out a long time ago, with various patches and updates released over time by the developer group. At this point, it’s safe to say that the game is finished and quite stable in terms of performance and consistency. However, there are still instances where certain issues show up out of nowhere in the game, rendering the game completely unplayable which is rather frustrating to see.
The main purpose of this article is to address the popular game-related issue and how you can fix them easily simply by performing a few simple steps. From the past couple of weeks, quite a lot of players have been complaining about the DirectX error in League Of Legends which doesn’t let the user play the game. The issue seems to have widespread as per the complaints posted in the community by users. So, we’ve decided to come up with an article sharing an easy to understand guide to fix the DirectX error in League of Legends game.
How To Fix league of legends directx error
If you have been playing League of Legends in the recent days, then chances are, you might have run into an error that says “An unknown DirectX error has occurred and League of Legends cannot start. Please make sure your video card is using the latest video drivers from the manufacturer”. The error shows up in the form a pop up window and restricts the game from launching on you PC. We’ve noticed that Majority of the players from all around the world have encountered this issue based on the number of posts made by the players in the community.
Well, it’s quite difficult or rather impossible(if i may say so) to determine the exact cause of this error. There may be multiple reasons that might be contributing to the issue. Therefore, it’s not possible to mention the root cause at this point. But, the good thing is that you can fix the issue simply by following the below mentioned methods and get back to playing the game as usual like before. There are quite a few things that you can do in order to fix the issue. In certain cases, you might have to try more than one solution in order to get rid of the DirectX error in League Of Legends.
So, without wasting any further time, let’s dive into the list of solutions right away to fix the league of legends directx error in the game :-
Method 1:- Update Your Graphics Driver Properly
Outdated or missing Graphic card drivers is one of the most common causes of this issue in League of Legends game. If your PC has an outdated driver, then you’re likely to face such errors in the game. It’s always recommended to ensure that all your drivers are updated to the latest version to avoid facing any errors or performance-related issues. If you’re struggling to get past the DirectX error screen, then the first thing you should be doing is to make sure that your Graphics Card Driver is up to date. Go ahead with the following steps to update the drivers on your PC.
- Open up Start Menu from the Desktop on your Computer or Laptop.
- Enter in “Device Manager” in the search bar and wait for the results to show up.
- Select and Open up “Device Manager” from the results to proceed further in the process.
- In Device Manager window, click on Display Adapters option to expand it.
- Select your Graphic Driver over there and uninstall it by right clicking on it.
- Confirm the uninstallation by selecting the appropriate options if promoted on your screen.
- Now go to your manufacturer’s website and install the Graphic card drivers freshly.
- Simply download the drivers from the site and run it on your Computer or Laptop to install.
You would no longer see the league of legends directx error while launching League of Legends game after the new drivers are successfully installed on your PC. A lot of players were able to fix with their game simply by updating or reinstalling the appropriate graphic card drivers on their PCs. However, it’s not guaranteed that this method will work for everyone. But it’s definitely worth trying, or you may move on to the next method.
Also Read: Fix All Types Of Error in fallout 4
Method 2:- Delete Subfiles Of The Game From Your PC
Deleting the subfiles of League Of Legends of your PC will also help in fixing the DirectX error that you see during the launch of the game. As per the community posts, quite a number of users were able to get rid of the error simply by deleting a few subfiles and folders from their PCs. You may try out this method by following the below-mentioned steps properly on your PC.
- First of all, Open up My PC or My Computer on your laptop or computer to begin the process.
- Now enter the following address in the file explorer’s folder path on your PC.
[C:Riot GamesLeague of LegendsConfig]
- Open up the Config Subfolder file and delete game.cfg file along with the input files over there.
- Within the game’s sub folder, Open up RADs sub folder and select the following folders.
- Now delete these two folders from your PC and try to the Open the game from the launcher.
Additionally, you may also perform the repair option provided in the game after deleting the above-mentioned files and folders. After the repair process is completed successfully, reboot your PC and try to launch the game. Hopefully, the issue would be fixed by now, in case if it’s still showing, then you might have to try out for sell comics the next method mentioned below and see if it helps.
Method 3:- Reinstall DirectX On Your PC To Fix The Issue
If you’re facing the issue, then it’s possible that there must be an incorrect or corrupt installation of DirectX on your PC. If that’s the case, then the only way to fix the issue is by performing a fresh installation DirectX on your PC. As long as you don’t reinstall DirectX manually on your PC, you will continue to face such errors and other performance-related issues in your game. Therefore, it’s best to perform the reinstalling direct x installer using these steps as soon as possible to fix your game-related errors.
- On your Computer or Laptop, Open up Run program by holding Win + R key simultaneously.
- In the command field, type in “regedit” and hit Enter to open up Registry Files on your PC.
- Grant the admin permission if prompted to open up Registry Files on your system.
- Go ahead and navigate to the following path in the Registry Files window on your PC to proceed.
- Now select the DirectX key in the navigation area situated in the left corner on your screen.
- Confirm the dialogue screen and delete the DirectX key from there to erase it.
- Now you will have to restart your computer or laptop for the changes to take effect.
- Launch your browser app and go to the official Microsoft website from here.
- Now download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from the website on to your PC.
- Run the installation file as Admin and perform the installation process by following the instructions.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions in the installation wizard and complete the process.
- After a successful installation, you need to perform another restart before launching the game.
Now open up the League Of Legends launcher and try to run the game from there. At this point, the issue would be fixed and you will be able to jump right back into the game without any issues. The DirectX error pop up will no longer appear on your screen while launching the game after performing the above steps on your PC. However, in certain cases, the error may still occur after a short time. If that’s what is happening, then proceed with the next method.
Method 4:- Reinstall League Of Legends Game On Your PC
The above-mentioned steps should have been enough to fix the DirectX error in the League of Legends game. Then uninstalling league of legends game and then reinstall lol is solution. However, there could be instances where none of the above solutions would work and the only way to get rid of the error is by reinstalling the game all over again on your PC. Yes, it’ a tedious process and needs the game to be redownloaded, but unfortunately, that’s the only way to fix the DirectX error at this point.
To uninstall the League Of Legends from your PC, follow the below-mentioned steps properly:-
- Open up Start Menu from the desktop on your Computer or Laptop.
- Go to the Control panel from the Start Menu to proceed further in the process.
- Select the “Apps and Programs” option in the Control Panel and open it up to begin.
- Search for “Garena League Of Legends” program in the list and click on it find the Uninstall option.
- Click on Uninstall and perform the required steps as shown on your screen to complete the process.
In order to reinstall league of legends game, you may perform these steps on your PC :-
- Go to the official website of League Of Legends game on your browser to proceed.
- Now download the official client installer file from the website on your computer or laptop.
- Run the installer file and follow the instructions provided on your screen to finish the process.
- Now login into your account by entering the credentials in the client while the game is downloading.
- Once the download is completed, wait for the installation to complete and hit Launch to Open the game.
Well, that’s all you can do as of now if you’re facing the DirectX error in League Of legends and wants to fix it. It’s surprising to see such errors pop up every now and then, although the game is said to be quite stable after so many patches and updates released.
We hope that you were able to solve the league of legends Directx error screen with your game by following the solutions in the article. The DirectX in LOL has become quite common these days, most of the players are facing it on a regular basis. But the good thing is that it can be solved in most cases using a simple method. Go ahead and share the article with others who might be facing the issue and would like to fix it.
Also, don’t forget to let us know which method worked for you in getting rid of the DirectX error in League Of Legends game. If you’re facing any other issues or need further help, then reach out to us in the comments.