The business environment has always been competitive and demanding, yet nowadays, with the omnipresent digitalization, the stakes have doubled. Every business searches for available solutions to improve the efficiency of its functioning and make it the strongest player among its competitors.
One such solution is SAP S/4HANA, which provides real-time insights into business performance, streamlines all business activities and supports integration with other SAP modules.
Let’s learn the opportunities businesses get when opting for SAP S/4HANA and its cutting-edge management tools.
Table of Contents
What is SAP S/4HANA?
SAP S/4HANA is an enterprise resource planning software used by large businesses (or those who intend to play big on the market) for analysis and management of business performance in real-time. SAP Implementation is the key to the efficient management of the company, and the foundation of its further growth and expansion.
The main benefits of SAP S/4HANA to consider:
- Simplicity – SAP S/4HANA presents all the data in a simplified and structured form, which provides businesses with clear and timely insight into the performance, and thus, timely decisions.
- Reporting capabilities – all the reports and insights are introduced with the SAP Universal Journal, which consolidates all the data into a unified table called ASDOCA. Such an approach eliminates the need for manually written reports and cross-department meetings to exchange information. The comprehensive view of the data can also be visually improved with the help of SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Enhanced productivity – SAP S/4HANA introduces an increase in productivity on technical and business levels, as all the processes and operations are streamlined and easily tracked in the database. Users can dedicate time to predictive planning, using a readily available database and its reports.
- User-friendly experiences – SAP S/4HANA is an irreplaceable solution in business terms as its sophisticated algorithms help to keep tabs on business productivity. However, its complexity doesn’t influence its interactive level with users, as the layout and interface are pretty simple and intuitive.
How to Migrate to SAP S/4HANA?
SAP S/4HANA migration is the strategic decision towards business development and growth. The main stages of transition include:
Setting Business Objectives
Every business activity starts with its clearly outlined goals, which serve as the roadmap for further steps. It is important to define the areas that need improvements – data analytics, streamlined operations, enhanced user experiences, etc. The goal will bring clarity into the migration process, and help to define if the implementation of SAP S/4HANA meets your original expectations.
2. Selection of SAP Developers
SAP ecosystem is an all-embracing structure, its implementation and maintenance should be performed by experts who possess a great deal of knowledge of SAP products.
LeverX is a leading provider of SAP implementation, with 20+ years of expertise, a proven record of successful projects, and multi-industry proficiency. LeverX is always ready to handle all the issues and requests of its clients with the help of the most advanced technical solutions.
3. System Assessment
Before migrating to the SAP ecosystem, and SAP S/4HANA specifically, it is important to evaluate the technical landscape of the company. The hardware, operating system, and databases need to have enough capacity to host the SAP environment. In case it is insufficient, it is time for a technical upgrade.
4. Migration Approach
When a company migrates to SAP S/4HANA, there are two primary ways to conduct the process:
- Reimplementation (Greenfield) – building the whole system from scratch.
- Conversion (Brownfield) – the transition of the existing SAP ERP system to SAP S/4HANA.
The choice of approach is chosen with the SAP experts and depends on the specific needs of the company and its development requests.
5. Data Reconsideration and Cleansing
When migrating to a new system, it is important to review the quality and consistency of the current databases and handle all the duplicates, errors, and inconsistencies. Some of the data should be either archived or retired, as it may not be relevant to current needs and the new SAP S/4HANA environment.
6. Modular Extensions
SAP S/4HANA is an ERP system that functions as a connector with other SAP modules that manage various aspects of business performance. When planning the transition to SAP S/4HANA, mention all your business needs to the specialists, who may recommend specific SAP modules addressing them.
7. Employee Training
SAP system and its modules are all developed considering the needs and comfort of the end users. To make sure every employee is well aware of every functionality of a new solution, there should be organized special trainings, which will guide everyone into all the new features and characteristics of the system.
8. Seamless Functioning
After everything is customized and settled, the functioning of the company will bring nothing but pleasure – all the interactions and activities are well-arranged, performed, and tracked with timely insights and reports. Such an orchestrated performance will the company’s development to new heights.
The Final Note
Migration to S/4SAHA is a strategic decision that will transform the company’s operations, bringing more efficiency and innovation into its structure. The migration to a new solution is always guided by a team of SAP specialists, who will customize and adjust all the parameters and characteristics according to the needs of the clients.
If you are still in two minds about transitioning to SAP S/4SAHA, contact LeverX and its specialists who will share their expertise and help you define the further steps.