When it comes to streaming platforms, Amazon Prime Video is a popular platform to watch movies and TV shows. There are millions of users worldwide who watch their favorite movies and TV shows on Prime Video. Users can use the Prime video app on their Android or iOS device, or they can use a browser to watch the movies and TV shows. However, while watching movies and TV shows, many users face problems. One of the common problems that users face with Prime Video is, it’s not working on Google Chrome browser.
Many Prime video users watch movies and TV shows on their PC or laptop using the browser. And Google Chrome is the most popular web browser. So, if Prime video is not working on Chrome, it could be frustrating for the users. If you are facing the same issue with Google Chrome, and want to fix it, then you just have come to the right place. Below, we have described how you can easily fix Prime Video not working on the Chrome browser. You just need to follow the steps below, and you’ll be able to fix this problem of Google Chrome easily without any issues. You can also read about fixing Hulu error code 94 easily.
Table of Contents
Why Prime Video is Not Working on Google Chrome?
There could be several reasons why Amazon Prime Video is not working on the Chrome browser. Below, we have described some of the common reasons behind this problem.
- Internet Issue: If the Internet connection of your PC isn’t working properly, then you might face issues while playing movies or TV shows on Prime Video in Google Chrome. You need a good and stable Internet connection to stream the movies and TV shows. So, this could be one reason behind this problem.
- Server Issue: Although it’s unlikely to happen, but if the Prime Video servers are down, then you can also face this issue. Prime Video servers can cause problems sometimes. And if you are trying to watch the movies when the server is down, you may face issues in not only just Google Chrome, but in other browsers as well.
- VPN: There are many Amazon Prime video users, who use a VPN while watching the movies and TV shows in Chrome. So, if you are using a VPN to watch the movies and TV shows on Prime video, then this can be the reason why it’s not working. A VPN can cause this problem.
- Cache Issue: If you have not cleared the cache of your Chrome browser for a long time, then it can also be the reason behind Prime video not working issue. Because of unused cache and cookies, you can face this problem of Google Chrome.
- Extension: As we know, there are various types of extensions are available for Google Chrome web browser. If you are using a downloader or adblocker extension on Chrome, it can sometimes conflict with streaming platforms like Prime video. So, an extension could be also the reason behind this problem.
No matter what the reason is, you can just follow the steps, and fix this problem of Prime Video easily without any issues.
How to Fix Prime Video not Working on Google Chrome?
There are several methods are available to fix this issue of Prime Video in Chrome. Below, we have described the methods one by one. So, you can follow them, and see which method is working for you.
1. Restart PC
First, let’s start with a simple method. You can just restart your PC once and then see if the problem is fixed or not. Sometimes, a simple restart can fix the problems of your PC. So, just do a restart, and then see if it’s working.
2. Check Internet Connection
Next, you need to find out if your Internet connection is working properly or not. To stream movies and TV shows on Prime Video, you need a good and stable Internet connection. So, just check your Internet speed using an Internet speed checking platform, and see if you are getting enough speed. If it’s showing that your Internet speed is poor, then you need to change the connection, and switch to a different Internet connection. Just open Prime Video in your Chrome browser after switching the connection.
3. Check Prime Video Server
As told earlier, it could be a problem with Amazon Prime Video server as well. So, you need to check if Prime Video server is working properly or not. You can simply clickthis link, and check if Prime Video server is working properly. If it’s showing that there are issues with the server, just wait until it’s fixed and then check. If it’s showing that there aren’t any issues with the server, you need to follow the next methods to fix Amazon Prime Video not working on Google Chrome web browser.
4. Disable VPN
There are many Prime Video users who use a VPN to unblock geo-restricted content on Prime Video. So, if you are using a VPN to unblock content, and facing the Prime Video not working issue, then you have to disable the VPN and then check if it’s working. If you can’t watch Prime Video without a VPN, then just switch to a different VPN server, and then check if you are able to watch the movies and TV shows on Prime Video in Chrome. Just disable the VPN, and then see if it’s working.
5. Disable Extension
Because of conflicting Chrome extension, you can also face the Prime Video not working issue. So, you just need to disable recently installed extensions from your Chrome browser, and then see if you are able to watch the movies and TV shows on Prime Video. Below, we have described how you can easily disable the extensions. So, just follow the steps below to do that.
- First of all, open Google Chrome on your PC.
- Then, click on the three dots from the upper right corner and go to the More Tools>Extensions option from there.
- There, you’ll get all the extensions, installed in your Chrome browser. Just disable them one by one.
After disabling, just check if Prime Video is working on your PC.
6. Clear Cache and Cookies
The next method to fix Prime Video not working issue on Chrome is, you can clear the cache and the cookies of your Chrome browser, and then see if it works. Because of uncleared cache and cookies, you may face these issues with Chrome. So, just follow the steps below, and clear the cache and cookies from your PC.
- First of all, open the Chrome browser on your PC.
- Then, click on the three dots from the upper right corner.
- Then, go to the ‘Settings’ option from there.
- Next, click on the ‘Privacy and Security’ option, and choose ‘Clear cookies and other sites data’.
- There, choose the time range to all time, and select Cookies and Cached images and files.
- That’s it. Now, just click on the ‘Clear’ option to clear the cookies.
It’ll clear the cached and cookies. Now, restart Chrome browser, and then see if it’s playing Prime Video movies and TV shows.
7. Change Browser
Last, but not the least method that you can follow to fix Prime Video not working issue on Chrome is, you can change your browser, and then see if Prime Video is working on the browser. If you are using Google Chrome browser, then just switch to Mozilla Firefox, or any other browser, and open Prime Video in it. Then, see if you are able to watch the movies and TV shows on Prime Video.
Amazon Prime Video is one of the most popular to watch movies and TV shows. However, if it’s not working on your PC, you can simply follow the above steps, and fix this issue. If you liked this guide, just share it on your social media platforms. If you have any questions or queries, you can ask in the comment section below. Also, you can provide your feedback in the comment section.