Are you facing server IP address could not be found issue while browsing with Google Chrome web browser? If yes, then you just have come to the right place. There are many errors people often face while using the most popular web browser, Google Chrome browser on their PC. And server IP address error is a common error that people face. So, if you are facing the same issue, you don’t need to be worried. Because, below, we have described the ways to fix this error easily on your Windows PC or laptop. You’ll be able to fix the issue yourself.
All you need to do is to just follow the steps that we have described below correctly. As it is a common error among most of the Windows users, there could be various reasons why you face server IP address could not be found issue. So, no matter why you are facing the issue, just follow the steps one by one, and you can solve it easily. If one solution from the below list isn’t working, you can try the other one and solve the issue. There are various solutions are available. And we have described almost all of them below. You can also fix Twitch not working on Chrome if you are facing it.
What is Server IP Address Could not be Found Error?
It is a common error that people face while browsing the web. You are browsing the web or watching a video on YouTube, suddenly this error can come to the screen of your PC. And after that, you can’t browse the web anymore.
Sometimes, this problem can be really annoying as you can’t access the Internet after seeing the message. However, there are solutions are available to fix the issue. And we have described the solutions below. So, you just have to follow the solutions to fix it easily on your Windows PC.
What Causes Server IP Address Could not be Found Error?
Well, there could be various reasons why you face this error while browsing the Internet. Below, we have described some of the reasons why you face the problem on your PC while browsing the Internet.
- Website is Download: The most obvious reasons behind this issue could be because the website is down. Sometimes, websites could be down due to server issues. So, when you try to browse that particular website, it might show the server IP address error. This is one of the effective reasons why you face the problem.
- DNS Issue: The DNS or Domain Name Server of your PC could also create problems. If you have recently changed your DNS server, and after that facing the issue, there there could be change that you are facing the server IP address could not be found error after that. So, DNS cache or DNS address could be another reason why you are facing it.
- IP Address Issue: IP Address could also create problems and because of that you can face this error. So, if you are using a static IP or even dynamic IP, it can create problems while you browse the Internet.
How to Solve Server IP Address Could not be Found?
1. Check Your Internet Connection
The first thing that you need to do to fix this issue is, you should check if your Internet connection is working or not. If you are using a broadband connection with a Wi-fi router to browse the Internet, then it’s better to bypass the router and connect your ethernet cable directly to your PC or laptop. Then, check if it’s working or not.
You can also open websites in your smartphone’s browser, and check if the Internet connection is working or not. It is recommended to restart your Wi-fi router or ONU if you are using it to browse the Internet.
To check if your Internet is working or not on your PC, you can follow these simple steps:
- First, open Command Prompt on your PC.
- Now, enter ping google.com in command prompt and hit enter.
If it gets reply from the ping, then your Internet connection is working. But, if it’s show connection timed out or unable to reach host error, then the problem is with your Internet connection. So, you can try connecting another Internet connection or try Wi-fi hotspot from your smartphone and then check.
2. Check if the Website is Down
The next solution that we are going to describe is very effective and it can solve your issue. Sometimes, the backend server of a particular website can give error. In that case, if you are facing the Server IP address issue for a particular server, then it could be the issue. If all websites are opening and you are able to browse than that only website, then it’s a problem from the server of the website. And you can’t do about it anything until the developers of the website fixes the issue.
However, there’s an easy way to check if a website is working properly or not. Below, we have described the method to do it. So, you can follow it, and check if the website is down or not.
- First of all, go to https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/
- Now, enter the URL of the website on which you are facing the server IP address issue and click on check.
It’ll show if the website is down or not. If it shows it’s down, then just wait until the developers fixes the server of the website.
3. Flush and Renew DNS Cache
Flushing the DNS cache of your PC can solve many problems including server IP address issue. So, you can just flush and renew the DNS cache of your PC, and then check if you are able to browse the website or not. Specially if you have change your DNS address, then it’s better to flush the DNS cache after changing it. So, just follow the below steps to flush and renew DNS on your PC. It’s really easy to do that. So, you can just follow the steps and do that easily.
- First of all, you have to run command prompt as administrator on your Windows PC.
- Search for Command Prompt in the search option and right click on it. Then, click on ‘Run as Administrator’ option from there.
- Now, enter ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter.
- It’ll clear the DNS cache of your Windows PC.
- Then, enter ipconfig /release and hit enter.
- It’ll release your current IP.
- Now, enter ipconfig /renew and hit enter.
- It’ll renew your your current IP.
That’s it. Now, you can check and browse any website you want. It can fix the server IP address could not be found error in your browser.
4. Check IPv4 Settings & Reset it
Now, it’s another effective method that you can use to fix the issue. You can reset your IPv4 settings of your Windows PC, and then check if you are able to access the website or not. IP address plays a vital role connecting your Internet connection to website host. So, you have to check if the IPv4 settings are working or not, and then reset it according to your need. It’s easy to do that. You just have to follow the below steps to do it on your Windows PC.
- First of all, open Control Panel option on your PC.
- Now, go to Network and Internet>Network and Sharing Center>Change Adapter Settings option from the left panel.
- Right click on Ethernet or Wi-fi option that you are using to connect your PC to the Internet.
- Click on the ‘Properties’ option.
- Double click on the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option.
- Select the ‘Choose IP address automatically’ option if you are using a router or if you don’t have a static IP.
- Save it.
- Now, open command prompt as administrator.
- Enter netsh int ip reset and hit enter.
- Again, enter netsh winsock reset and hit enter.
- That’s it. It’ll reset the IP.
Now, open the website on which you are facing the issue and see if you are still facing the problem or not.
5. Reset Browser Settings
This solution is related to the web browser that you are using. Sometimes, the problem could be also with the browser that you are using to browse the web. So, it’s better to reset the browser preference and then check for the error. Below, we have described how you can reset your browser settings easily. So, you can follow the process and do that without any issues.
For Google Chrome: To reset your Google Chrome browser, first, click on the three dots from the right corner of your browser and go to the ‘Settings’ option. Now, scroll down and click on ‘Advanced’ option. Again, scroll down and click on ‘Restore settings to their original defaults’ option from there. That’s it. It’ll reset the browser settings.
For Mozilla Firefox: Mozilla Firefox users can click on the three lines from the upper right corner and then go to Help>Troubleshoot Mode>Restart option. Now, you have to select ‘Refresh’ to reset Firefox settings. After resetting, it’ll restart and you can check if the website is working or not.
6. Disable Extensions & Antivirus
3rd party extensions can cause issues while browsing the web. Specially, if you are using Google Chrome browser, then a virus or malware infected extension can block website from accessing. So, you have to try disabling each and every extension and see if it’s working or not. It’s easy to disable the extension of Google Chrome web browser. You just have to click on the three dots from the right corner and go to More Tools>Extensions option and the disable the extensions one by one. After that, open the website and see if it’s working or not.
Sometimes, 3rd party antivirus, specially antivirus with web security can block websites. And because of that, you may face the server IP address issue while browsing that particular website. So, if you have any antivirus on your PC, you have to disable it for sometime, and then check if the website is opening or not. To disable the antivirus, just right click on the antivirus icon from your task manager and click on ‘Disable until next reboot’ option. Now, open your browser and check if you are able to open the website or not.
7. Update Network Driver
Updating the network driver might help you to fix Internet related issues. So, you can try this method, and check if the website is opening or not. To update network driver, you have to follow some simple and easy steps. Follow the below steps to do that easily.
- First, right click on ‘This PC’ option and click on ‘Manage’.
- Now, go to ‘Device Manager’ option and then Network Adapters option.
- Then, double click on the ethernet and Wi-fi network option and go to Driver>Update Driver>Search automatically for Drivers option.
- It’ll start searching for new drivers. Just wait until it completes the search process.
- After searching, if it founds new driver, it’ll install it.
Now, open your browser and check if you are facing the issue or not.
8. Contact Service Provider
Last, but not the least method that you can follow is, you can contact your service provider and tell them about your problem. Sometimes, the issue could be from your Internet service provider as well. So, you just have to contact them on the helpline, and then tell them briefly about the issue. Just follow their instructions and they might help you to fix server IP address could not be found issue on your PC.
So, guys, I hope you have found this guide helpful. If you liked this guide, you can share it on your social media platforms. Just use the share buttons below to share this guide. Server IP address error is a common error that many people face while browsing the Internet. However, it’s easy to fix the issue if you follow the above steps. Just follow the steps correctly, and you can fix this problem on your Windows PC or laptop. If you have any question or queries, you can ask them in the comment section below. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.