Snapdrop is one of the most convenient ways to share files between your PC and Android device. You can share files easily and wirelessly between two devices using this service. However, many users have complained that Snapdrop is not working on their devices. If you are facing the same issue, and want to fix it, then you just have come to the right place. Because, in this guide, we have described how you can fix this issue of Snapdrop easily.
Below, we have described different methods that’ll help you to fix Snapdrop not working issue on your device easily. So, all you need to do is to follow the steps below, and you’ll be able to fix this problem of Snapdrop without any issues. We have provided possible methods that’ll help you to fix this problem of Snapdrop. So, just follow the guide below, and you’ll be able to fix Snapdrop on your device easily. You can also read about fixing Tinder fast chat not working issue.
Snapdrop is a peer-to-peer file-sharing platform that you can use via a browser or the Snapdrop app. It provides file sharing between two devices, connected to the same Wi-fi network. Sending files with Snapdrop from one device to another is really easy. You just need to open the Snapdrop website or app on both devices and connect with each other. Make sure you are connected to the same Wi-fi network. After that, you can select the files that you want to send, and you can send them easily at a fast speed.
As Snapdrop uses Wi-fi technology to send and receive files, the speed that you get with this platform is really fast. Also, you don’t require any USB cable or Bluetooth to send or receive the files. You can do that easily using the Snapdrop website, or the app on your device. So, even for big files, Snapdrop will help you to send them from one device to another within seconds. So, it is one of the best options if you don’t want to use traditional methods to send files from one device to another.
Why Snapdrop is Not Working on My Device?
Recently, many users have complained that they are not able to send or receive files using this platform on their devices. If you are facing the same issue, then there could be different reasons why this problem with Snapdrop occurs. Below, we have described some of the common reasons why you might face this issue on Snapdrop.
- Snapdrop App Bug: If you are using the Snapdrop app on your device to send or receive files, then it could be an app bug. Especially, if you are using the app on your Android device, then you might face this issue. Many Android users have complained that the Snapdrop Android app isn’t working properly on their devices. So, this could be a reason.
- Extension: If you are using Snapdrop in your browser, and facing this issue, then it could be due to an extension, installed in your browser. Snapdrop uses Webrtc to send and receive files in the browser. So, if an extension is blocking WebRtc, then you can face this issue.
- Not connected to the same network: To use Snapdrop, both devices should be connected to the same Wi-fi network. So, if the devices are not connected to the same network, you can face this issue.
- Cache Issue: It could also be a cache issue of the browser you are using. If you have not cleared the cache of the browser for a long time, then you might face these types of issues. So, this could be a reason why you are facing this problem with Snapdrop.
How to Fix Snapdrop Not Working?
1. Restart Device
The first thing you need to do when you face this issue is, you should restart your device. No matter if you are using an Android device or on your PC, just restart the device, and open the Snapdrop app or website. Then, check if Snapdrop is working on your device or not.
2. Connect to the Same Network
Both the devices that you want to share files between, must be connected to the same network to use Snapdrop. And it should be a router, not Wi-fi hotspot. So, just check if both the devices are connected to the same network, and then try to send the files.
3. Reinstall Snapdrop App
If you are using the Snapdrop app on your Android device, or in your browser, then you can reinstall it on your device to fix Snapdrop not working issue. Just uninstall the app from your device, and download it again. Then, check if it’s working.
4. Disable Extensions
Because of a conflicting extension on your device, you can face Snapdrop not working issue. So, you have to disable the installed extensions on your device to fix this issue of Snapdrop. If you are using the Google Chrome browser, then you can follow the steps below to disable the extensions.
- First of all, open Google Chrome on your PC.
- Then, click on the three dots from the right corner.
- Now, go to the More Tools>Extensions option from there.
- There, you’ll get the installed extensions. Disable them one by one.
That’s it. Now, just restart the browser and open Snapdrop website. Now, try to share the files.
5. Disable Antivirus
If you are using a 3rd party antivirus software on your PC or smartphone, then it might block Snapdrop from sending or receiving files. So, you can disable the antivirus software to fix Snapdrop not working issue on your device. Just open the antivirus software, and disable it for a few minutes. Then, check if you are able to send or receive files using Snapdrop.
6. Try Different Browser
Last, but not least method to fix Snapdrop not working issue is, you can try a different browser and open Snapdrop in it. The problem can happen because of browser issues. So, just try a different browser, and try to share the files. Then, see if it’s working on your device.
So, guys, I hope you liked this guide about fixing Snapdrop not working issue. If you did, then you can share this guide on your social media platforms. Just use the share buttons below to share this guide. If you have any questions or queries, you can ask in the comment section below. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.