Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming platforms nowadays. However, many Spotify users recently complained that Spotify is playing only 10 seconds of their preferred music. After that, it keeps pausing the music or the music just stops. This is a really annoying issue reported by many Spotify users. So, if you are facing the same issue, and want to fix it, then you just have come to the right place.
In this guide, we have described how you can fix Spotify only playing 10 seconds of music issue. Below, we have described why this issue might be happening and how you can fix it easily without any issues. So, just follow the step-by-step guide below, and you’ll be able to fix this problem with Spotify. You can also read about how to block a song on Spotify.
Table of Contents
Why is Spotify Only Playing the First 10 Seconds of a Song?
There can be several reasons why this issue might be happening. Below, we have described some of the common reasons why you might face this issue on Spotify.
- Logged in on Too Many Devices: The first reason why you might face this issue on Spotify is because your Spotify account is logged in on too many devices. Sometimes, Spotify might not be able to detect when you’re logged in on multiple devices. When that happens, you might face this issue.
- VPN: If you are using a VPN connection when listening to music on Spotify, then you can also face this issue. Sometimes, a VPN connection might interfere with Spotify and you can face this problem.
- App Bug: It could also be a bug of the Spotify app. Sometimes, because of bugs or glitches, you might face this issue on Spotify. So, this could be a reason why you’re facing the issue.
- Internet Issue: You can also face Spotify only playing 10 seconds of a song issue because of your Internet connection. If your Internet connection has issues, then you might face this problem.
- Cache Issue: The cache of the Spotify app can also cause this problem. So, because of the app cache, you can face this problem on Spotify.
No matter what the reason is, below, we have described the methods to fix this issue on Spotify.
How to Fix Spotify Only Playing 10 Seconds?
1. Log Out Everywhere
The first thing you need to do to fix this issue with Spotify is, you have to log out of your Spotify account from everywhere. This might help you to fix this issue with Spotify.
You can manually log out from the devices where your Spotify account is logged in or you can just go to the Account Settings>Security & privacy and choose the ‘Sign out everywhere’ option from there. This will log out of your account from other devices. Then, you can just log-in to your account, and see if you are facing the issue.
2. Disable VPN
The next method to fix Spotify only playing 10 seconds issue is, you can disable your VPN connection on your device and see if the issue is fixed. If you are using a VPN connection while listening to music on Spotify, then you can disable it and check if it fixes the issue. This might help you to fix the problem.
3. Update App
You can also update the Spotify app on your device and check if it fixes the problem. If you are using an outdated version of the Spotify app, then just update it to the latest version.
You can simply open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device, and check if there’s an update available. Then, open the Spotify app and check if it fixes the issue.
4. Check the Internet
You can also check if there’s an issue with your Internet connection. Sometimes, because of an unstable Internet connection, you can face problems on Spotify. So, just check if your Internet connection is working properly or not.
You can also switch to a different Wi-fi connection and then see if it fixes the problem. This is an effective method to fix the Spotify only playing 10 seconds issue on your device.
5. Clear Cache
You can also clear the Spotify app cache, and then see if it fixes the problem. Below, we have described how you can clear the Spotify app cache from your device easily. So, just follow the steps below to do that.
- First of all, open the ‘Settings’ option on your device.
- Then, go to the App Management>App List option from there.
- Now, choose the Spotify app from there and select the ‘Storage’ option.
- After that, click on both ‘Clear cache’ and the ‘Clear data’ option.
That’s it. Now, open the Spotify app on your device and check if it’s working.
6. Reinstall App
Last, but not least method to fix Spotify only playing 10 seconds of a song is, you can reinstall the Spotify app on your device and see if the issue is fixed. Just try reinstalling the app and check if it works.
Go to the Settings>App Management option on your device and uninstall the Spotify app from there. Then, open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device and download the latest version of the Spotify app. Now, open it and check if it works.
So, I hope you liked this guide. If you liked this guide, you can share it on your social media platforms. Just use the share buttons below to share this guide. If you have any questions or queries, you can ask in the comment section below. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.