TikTok is one of the most popular short video-sharing platforms nowadays. There are millions of users who use TikTok in their daily life. However, when you open Tiktok and it shows that your account is suspended, then it can be frustrating. If you have faced this situation where Tiktok has suspended or banned your account, and you want to recover it, then you just have come to the right place.
Below, we have described the possible reasons why your Tiktok account is suspended. We also have provided the steps that you can take to recover your Tiktok account. So, read this guide completely if you want to unban or recover your Tiktok account and start posting short videos again. You can also read about why TikTok is showing account not found issue.
Table of Contents
What is Tiktok Account Suspension?
Just like any other social media platform, Tiktok also has an account suspension or ban option. They can suspend or ban your account temporarily or permanently if you violate their terms and conditions.
There are mainly two types of account suspensions on Tiktok. They can suspend your account temporarily and you can get your account back after 90 days, or they can permanently ban your account where you won’t be able to get your account back.
Both types of account suspension can happen because of various reasons. Below, we have described some of these reasons.
Why my Tiktok account is Suspended?
TikTok mainly suspends your account if you violate their terms and conditions. Below, we have described some common reasons why they might temporarily or permanently ban your Tiktok account.
- To create an account on Tiktok and use messaging feature, you must be 16 years plus. However, if you have created a Tiktok account with a fake birthday, and fail to verify your age later, then they can permanently ban your account.
- If you have created a fake account and using someone’s image or name in your account, then Tiktok can suspend or ban your account.
- If your Tiktok account has received too many reports, then after reviewing, Tiktok can ban your account.
- If you have posted content that violates the terms and conditions of Tiktok, then they can temporarily or permanently ban your account.
There can be several reasons why your TikTok account is suspended. However, the most common reason behind account suspension is terms and conditions violation by the user. TikTok has strict terms and conditions for content posted on its platform. So, if you have violated the terms and conditions, they might suspend your account.
How to Recover a Suspended TikTok Account?
There isn’t any 100% working method to unsuspend or recover your Tiktok account is it’s been suspended. The only thing you can try to bring your account back is, you can appeal Tiktok and request them to lift the ban. If you haven’t violated the terms and conditions and all of a sudden, your account is suspended, then you can submit an appeal and they might lift the ban from your account.
For both temporary and permanently banned accounts, you can try this method. Below, we have described how you can submit an appeal on Tiktok.
- First of all, open the Tiktok app on your device and log in with the banned account.
- Then, click on the “Submit Appeal” option if you see any. If not, then go to Settings & privacy>Report a problem option, and describe your issue there. You can also submit your DOB proof if your account has been banned because of the age limit.
- After submitting, you’ll receive an email from Tiktok support to proceed further.
Note: If your account is suspended by mistake, then they might lift the ban. However, if you have violated the terms or policy of Tiktok, then there are low chances of account recovery.
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q)
Is it ok for a 12-year-old to have TikTok?
No. TikTok requires at least 13 years old to use the basic features of the platform. If you want to use the messaging feature on the platform, you must be at least 16 years old.
How long is a TikTok account suspended?
If your Tiktok account is temporarily suspended, then you’ll get your account back after 90 days or less if you submit for appeal. However, if your account is permanently banned, then you can only submit an appeal. If they don’t grant it, then your account will be banned for a lifetime.
How many reports does it take to get banned on TikTok?
There isn’t any number of particular reports to get your account banned. However, if your account has received multiple reports within a short period of time, then Tiktok will review your account, and suspend your account temporarily or permanently.
So, I hope this guide has helped you to understand why your Tiktok account is suspended and how you can recover it. If you liked this guide, you can share it on your social media platforms. You can use the share buttons below to do that. If you have any questions or queries, you can ask in the comment section below.