Amazon Prime Video is one of the most popular streaming platforms nowadays where you can stream your favorite movies or TV shows. However, while watching movies or TV shows on Amazon Prime Video, many users complain that the video keeps buffering on their devices. If you are facing the same issue, and looking for a solution, then you just have come to the right place.
In this guide, we have described why Amazon Prime Video keeps buffering on your device and how you can fix it easily. Below, we have described the reasons why this problem is happening and how you can fix it easily. So, just follow the step-by-step guide below, and you can fix the issue with Amazon Prime Video easily. You can also read about fixing Prime Video not working on Google Chrome.
Table of Contents
Why Does Amazon Prime Video Keep Buffering?
There could be several reasons why you are facing this issue with Prime Video. Mostly, it’s the Internet connection you are using. However, there can be other reasons as well. Below, we have described some of the common reasons why this issue is happening.
- Internet Issue: You need a good Internet connection with stable and fast Internet speed. So, if there’s an issue with your Internet connection that you are using, then you might face this issue on Amazon Prime Video. This could be one of the reasons why you are facing the issue.
- VPN: Many Prime Video users use a VPN connection to unblock the Internet on their devices. If you are using a VPN to unblock Prime Video, then this could be the reason why Prime Video keeps buffering on your device.
- App Issue: Sometimes, it can happen because of the Amazon Prime Video app. If you are using an outdated version of the Prime Video app on your device, then you may face this issue.
How to Fix Amazon Prime Video Keeps Buffering?
1. Check the Internet
The first thing you need to do when you face this issue with Prime Video is, you need to check if your Internet connection is working properly or not. Sometimes, because of a slow or unstable Internet connection, you can face the issue. So, just check if you are getting enough Internet speed. Just open any speed testing website and check if your Internet connection is fast enough. For confirmation, you can also change your Internet connection method and see if it’s working.
2. Restart Router
Sometimes, because of router issues, you can also face this problem with Prime Video. So, you just need to restart your router and see if it fixes the issue. To restart your router, just turn the power off of your router. Then, wait a couple of minutes and then turn the power on. Now, open Amazon Prime Video and check if it’s buffering.
3. Disable VPN
If you are using a VPN connection while watching Amazon Prime Video, then you need to disable the VPN connection and see if it fixes the issue. Just disable the VPN connection you are using and then open Amazon Prime Video. Then, see if it’s buffering or not. Disabling the VPN connection might help you to fix the issue.
4. Reset Network
If you are facing this problem on your PC, then you can try resetting your network connection and see if it fixes the issue. Below, we have described how you can reset your network connection on a Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC. So, follow the steps below to do that.
- First of all, open the search bar of your Windows and search for the ‘Network reset’ option.
- When the network reset option opens, just click on ‘Reset now’ to reset the network.
- Wait a few seconds until the reset is completed and then restart your PC.
Then, open Amazon Prime Video and check if it’s buffering.
5. Update Prime Video App
If you are facing the problem on your smartphone, with the Amazon Prime Video app, then you can try updating the app and see if it fixes the issue. Specially, if you are using an outdated version of the Prime Video app on your device, then update it to the latest version and check if it’s working. Just open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device, and update the Prime Video app to the latest version from there. Then, open it and check if has fixed the issue.
So, I hope this guide will help you to fix the buffering issue with Amazon Prime Video. If you liked this guide, you can share it on your social media platforms. Just use the share buttons below to do that. If you have any questions or queries, you can ask in the comment section below. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.