Hulu is a popular streaming platform where you can stream various movies and TV shows. You can either get the Hulu app on your preferred device, or you can use Hulu in your preferred browser and then watch movies and TV shows. However, while watching Hulu on their devices, many users face issues. One of the issues is the Hulu error code 503 error code.
If you are facing the same issue on Hulu, and want to fix it, then you just have come to the right place. Below, we have described how you can easily fix your device’s Hulu error code 503. This error code can be fixed easily without any issues. So, all you need to do is to follow the below methods to fix this error code of Hulu. You can also read about deleting Hulu account permenently.
What is Hulu error code 503?
Hulu error code 503 is an error code many Hulu users get when they want to access particular content or try to open Hulu in their browser. This error code is a HTTP error code that means there are issues with the HTTP server of Hulu.
If you are getting this error on Hulu, you can’t stream any movie or TV show on the platform. There could be several reasons behind this problem of Hulu. And below, we have described some of them.
What Causes Hulu Error Code 503?
There isn’t a particular reason why users get this error on Hulu. However, we have described some of the possible causes of why you might get the HTTP error code on Hulu while watching movies or TV shows.
- Hulu Server Issue: If Hulu servers are down, then you can get the HTTP 503 error on this popular streaming platform.
- Cache Issue: If you are getting this error of Hulu on your browser, then it could be due to the cache issue of the browser. Specially, when you have not cleared the cache of your browser for a long time, you might face this issue.
- Outdated App: Hulu app is available for multiple platforms, including smart TV, Firestick, PlayStation, Windows 10, etc. So, if the app is outdated, it can get bugs while using on your device. So, because of an outdated Hulu app, you might face the Hulu error code 503.
- Subscription Plan: Hulu needs an active subscription plan to display content for streaming. If you do not have an active subscription plan and browsing Hulu through a link, you might get this error on Hulu.
- DNS Cache: It could also be the DNS cache that’s causing the error. So, this error code of Hulu could happen because of the DNS cache.
- VPN: If you are using a VPN connection while streaming movies and TV shows on Hulu, it could be the VPN connection causing the issue on Hulu.
How to Fix Hulu Error Code 503?
As there could be various reasons you get this error code on Hulu, several fixes could also be available. Below, we have described the methods that’ll help you to fix this issue of Hulu. So, you can just follow the methods one by one to fix the Hulu error code 503 easily on your preferred device.
1. Restart the Device
No matter which device you are using, Hulu, when you get this error on Hulu, you first need to restart your device. Restarting your device might help you to fix this issue with Hulu, and you might be able to watch movies or content on your device. If you are watching Hulu on your PC or laptop, just do a simple restart. If you are watching on Smart TV, Xbox or PlayStation, just power cycle your device and then check if you are able to watch the movies or TV shows on Hulu.
2. Check if Hulu Servers are Down
The next thing you need to do is to check if Hulu servers are down. Sometimes, if Hulu servers are down and if you have a server issue with Hulu, then you might face the 503 error on this platform. So, just go to this link and then check if Hulu servers are down. If it’s showing that Hulu servers are down, then you can’t do anything but just to wait for the servers to be up. So, just wait and see when the servers are up.
3. Clear Cache
The next thing you need to do to fix the Hulu error code 503 is, you can clear the cache of the browser and then see if it’s working or not. Sometimes, because of cache issue, you might get this error code on Hulu. Specially, if you are watching on your PC or laptop, you might get the error because of the cache. So, just clear your cache, and then see if it’s working or not. Below, we have described how you can clear Hulu cache. So, just follow the steps below to do that.
- First of all, open the browser on your PC.
- If it’s Chrome, then click on the three dots located at the right corner.
- Now, go to the ‘Settings’ option from there.
- Then, click on the ‘Privacy and Security’ option and then the ‘Clear browsing data’ option.
- From there, select ‘Cookies and other sites data’ and then the ‘Cached images and files’ option.
- Then, choose the ‘Clear data’ option from there.
That’s it. Now, restart your browser and then check whether Hulu is working.
4. Check Your Subscription
Next, you need to check if you have an active Hulu subscription or not. Also, you get different subscription plans for different devices on Hulu. So, if you have activated multiple subscriptions simultaneously, it can cause the Hulu error code 503. So, just check your subscription on Hulu and then see if you are getting the error or not.
5. Clear DNS Cache
If you are watching Hulu in a browser, then you can try clearing the DNS cache of your PC or laptop, and then see if Hulu is working. It’s really easy to clear the DNS cache. So, just follow the step-by-step guide below to clear your DNS cache on Hulu.
- First of all, open the search option of Windows and search for Command Prompt.
- Open Command Prompt on your PC.
- Now, enter the following command and hit enter.
That’s it. Now, just open your browser and open the Hulu website. Then, see if Hulu is showing the same error code.
6. Disable VPN
There are many Hulu users who use a VPN to unblock Hulu content. If you are doing the same, then you should consider disabling the VPN and trying to open Hulu. If you are using a VPN, just disable it on your PC or smart device and then open Hulu. Then, see if it’s working or not.
7. Contact Hulu Support
Last but not the least method to fix Hulu error code 503 error is, you can contact Hulu support and tell them about your issue. Just go to the contact page of Hulu, and then tell them about your issue. Then, see if you are able to watch Hulu or not. The support might help you to fix this problem of Hulu.
Hulu is a popular streaming platform out there. So, if you are getting an error code on Hulu, it’s really annoying. Above, we have described the methods to fix this error code of Hulu. So, you can just follow the methods and fix it easily. You can ask in the comment section below if you have any questions or queries. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.