Do you want to hide the number of likes and reactions on your Facebook posts? If yes, then you just have come to the right place. Because, in this guide, we’ll share the steps that you can follow to hide likes on this popular social media platform.
So, if you don’t want to show the number of likes or reactions that you get on your Facebook post to public, then you can follow this guide. There’s an easy way to do that. And Facebook has recently introduced this feature to the users. So, just follow the below guide if you want to hide the likes on your FB posts. You can also read about deleting Meetup account.
Table of Contents
Why Hide Likes on Facebook?
Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms nowadays. On Facebook, there are millions of users who share status, photos, videos, etc daily. You can also join groups and interact with other users on this platform.
From the beginning, Facebook has the option to give a like to a post. And it’s been a few years since they introduced the reaction feature for posts, status, photos, and videos. So, if you like a post, you can either like it or give your preferred reaction to the post.
However, recent studies show that the likes and reactions on Facebook can hurt the mental health of a user. If someone is not getting likes or reactions on his/her posts on Facebook, it can lead to depression when they see other users post likes/reactions.
To deal with this, recently Facebook has introduced the hide-like feature on their platform. This is a much needed feature that Facebook users can now use and hide their likes and reactions from their posts on this platform. You just have to enable this option manually on your Facebook profile, and you are good to go.
Below, we have described how you can easily hide the number of likes from your posts on Facebook. We also have described the option for hiding likes on other people’s posts as well. So, if you don’t want to see the number of likes on other users posts, you can also hide them.
So, just follow the below guide to hide the likes and reactions.
How to Hide Likes & Reactions on Facebook?
Before you go ahead and hide likes from your posts, there are a few things you need to know.
- There’s no option to hide likes for individual posts on Facebook. So, if you want to hide likes, you have to hide them for all posts.
- You can’t hide likes for the posts, posted in groups, stories, or on the marketplace. It’ll only work for your profile posts on Facebook.
- People will still be able to give like and reactions to your posts. But, they won’t be able to see who has liked and the number of likes and reactions to your posts.
- You can enable or disable the like and reactions hiding feature anytime you want.
Now, just follow the guide below to hide the likes and reactions.
1. Using the Facebook App on Android/iOS
Below, we have described how you can hide likes on Facebook using the Facebook app on your Android or iOS smartphone. So, if you want to do that from your smartphone, you can just follow the guide below.
- First of all, open the Facebook app on your device.
- Now, click on the three dots located in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Then, choose the Settings & privacy>Settings option from there.
- Click on the ‘Reaction preferences’ option.
- There, you’ll get two options. One is for hiding likes for posts from others, and the other is for hiding likes on your own posts.
- Choose your preferred option and press back.
That’s it. It’ll hide the number of likes from all your posts. No one except you will be able to see the number of likes and reactions on Facebook.
2. Using Facebook Web
If you are using Facebook on your PC or computer, you can follow this method to hide the likes. Below, we have described how you can hide likes on Facebook using the Facebook web version. So, you can follow the guide to do that.
- First of all, open the Facebook web version in your preferred web browser.
- Then, click on your profile picture from the upper right corner of your screen.
- Go to Settings & privacy>Settings option from there.
- Then, choose the ‘Reaction preferences’ option from there.
- It’ll show the option to hide likes for other user’s posts and for your own posts. So, choose your preferred option and press back.
That’s it. It’ll hide the likes. Now, no one except you will be able to see the number of likes and reactions to your posts on Facebook.
It’s no doubt that hiding likes and reactions to their posts on Facebook can improve the mental health of a Facebook user. If you want to do that, just follow the above guide. You can also comment in the comment section below and share your opinions. We would love to hear from you.