There are many PC or laptop users who has access to the Internet via a Wi-fi connection. Wi-fi is more stable, and fast compared to mobile data connection. The speed also depends on the broadband provider. But, most of the times, it is faster. However, sometimes, when connected to PC, many users faces Wifi connected but no Internet issue on their PC.
So, if you are facing this issue and looking for a solution, you just have come to the right place. There are many users who often face this problem on their Windows PC. If you are facing it, you can solve this issue easily on your PC.
There are various ways are available to solve Wifi connected but no Internet issue on your PC. Below, we have described some of the working solutions. So, you can follow the solutions to fix the issue and make your Wi-fi work again.
You just have to follow the steps correctly to solve this issue easily. Below, we have provided step by step guide. So, you won’t face any issues solving this issue on your Windows PC. You can easily solve it by following the correct steps. You can also read about Solve Discord Update Failed Loop on your PC.
Why you face Wifi connected but no Internet issue?
There are various reasons why you face this problem on your PC. Below, we have described some of them.
- Problem is from broadband provider: Most of the times, the problem is from your broadband provider. Maybe due to server issue or any other issue. So, this the one of the main reasons why you face the wifi connected but no Internet issue on your PC.
- DNS issue: It could be due to DNS cache as well. So, DNS could be an issue why you face this problem on your PC or laptop. Sometimes, you should flush DNS to make your Internet connection easy and smooth.
- Driver problem: The Wi-fi driver of your laptop or PC also could be the culprit. The drivers can cause this types of issues anytime. So, it could be another reason why you face the no Internet issue on your PC or laptop.
- Router problem: The router that you are using to get the Wi-fi connection, can also create this problem. So, this can be another reason for this problem. So, router issue could be another reason why you face Wifi connected but no Internet issue on your PC or laptop.
As you can see, there could be various reasons why you can face this problem on your PC or laptop. However, as there are various causes, there are different solutions are available too. So, if you are facing the no Internet issue on your PC or laptop, don’t worry. Just follow the solutions, and you’ll be able to fix this issue easily.
How to Fix Wifi Connected but No Internet Problem on Windows PC?
Below, we have provided the possible solutions to fix this issue. No matter which version of Windows you are using, you can easily fix the issue and get your Internet working. Just follow the steps correctly.
1. Restart Your PC
The first thing that you should do when you face this problem is, you have to restart your PC. After restaring, if the issue has not been solved, you can try other methods. A simple restart can solve many issues on your Windows PC. So, you should always try that option to fix different issues of your Windows PC. Restarting your PC takes only few minutes, but it can save hours of trying other methods. So, you should consider restating your PC as one of the solutions and do it when you face the Wifi connected but no Internet issue.
2. Contact your Broadband Provider
After restarting, if you still face the issue, next thing that you have to do is to contact your broadband provider. Sometimes, there could be broadband issue as well. So, you should contact your broadband provider and ask them if there’s been any issue with the broadband. If they tells you that there’s been issue with the broadband connection, you have to wait till the issue is fixed. So, just contact your broadband provider when you face this issue on your PC or laptop.
3. Restart your Router
The next method to is to restart the router that you are using. You can simply unplug the router, leave it for five minutes, and then plug the router again. Sometimes, due to voltage issue, your router can cause the issue. So, just restart your router and see if you are still facing the issue or not. If you have any other device to connect your router, you have to turn it off as well. So, just restart your router and see if your are able to fix the issue or not.
4. Use Ethernet
To check if the issue is with your router or not, you can simply connect your PC or laptop via ethernet and check if you are able to get the Internet connection. Most of the motherboards and laptops nowadays has ethernet ports. So, you can simply connect it via a ethernet cable, and check if you are able to solve Wifi connected but no Internet issue. You can either connect your PC from router, or you can do it directly from the broadband connected. Try both these ways to see if you are able to solve the no Internet issue on your PC.
5. Inspect Wifi Card or Wifi dongle
If you are using a Wifi card on your PC, or a Wifi dongle, you have to inspect if it’s working or not. You can simply do it by connecting the Wifi dongle to your mobile data connection. Just use your mobile data and you can check if the issue is with your Wifi card or dongle. If you are not able to get Internet even with mobile data, just follow the rest of the methods or replace your dongle or Wifi card. Then, you’ll be able to solve the issue easily without any issues.
6. Turn off fast startup
Fast startup is a feature of Windows that helps you to start your laptop or computer in a fast mode. However, when you enable the fast startup option, it can interface with the network settings and driver options. So, the the next thing that you should do to fix Wifi connected but no Internet issue is, you can turn off the fast startup option. It’ll help you to disable the fast startup, and start your PC as it is. It is easy to disable the fast startup option. And you can do it directly from the Windows settings option. You don’t have to go to BIOS settings and disable this option.
- First of all, you have to open Power Options settings on your Windows PC or laptop. If you are using a laptop, you can open it from the battery icon on your laptop. To open it quickly, you can press Windows Key+R and then enter powercfg.cpl, then hit enter. It’ll open the Power Options.
- Now, click on Choose what power buttons do option from the left side of the Window.
- There, you’ll find the shutdown settings. Now, make sure you disable Turn on fast startup option. If it’s enabled. Just disable it.
That’s it. Now, restart your PC and check if your issue has been solved or not.
7. Use Windows Troubleshooter
Windows troubleshooter is a really useful option that you get built-in with Windows. To use the Network troubleshooter option, follow the below steps.
- First of all, open Settings on your Windows 10 PC or laptop.
- Now, go to Network & Internet>Status option, and there you’ll find the Network troubleshooter option. Click on that.
- That’s it. It’ll enable the network troubleshooter option on your PC, and search for any problems.
After searching, it’ll fix the issue. So, you’ll be able to fix Wifi connected but no Internet issue on your PC.
8. Change your DNS Server
The issue could be your DNS server that you are using to browse the Internet. So, you have to change the DNS server and check if you are able to fix the issue or not. You can simply change the DNS server and use a free DNS. There are many free DNS servers are available. So, you can change it and check if your are able to access the Internet or not. If you are using the DNS server provided by your broadband provider, change it to Google DNS or Cloudflare DNS and check if you are able to access the Internet or not. Follow the below steps to change the DNS server on your PC.
Here’s a list of some of the free DNS servers that you can set and try.
|DNS Provider Name||Primary DNS||Secondary DNS|
- First of all, open Control Panel on your PC.
- Now, go to Network and Internet>Network and Sharing Center>Change adapter settings option.
- Then, right click on your Wifi option and click on Properties.
- Scroll down and double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4) option.
- Now, click on Use the following DNS server address and put the DNS server.
That’s it. Now, save the DNS server and check if you are able to access the Internet or not.
9. Update Driver
The next thing that you have to do to fix the Wifi connected but no Internet issue is, you have to update the Wifi driver of your Windows PC or laptop. The Wifi driver of your PC or laptop also can cause the no Internet issue. So, you have to update the driver, and check if you are able to get access to the Internet or not. You can also try uninstall the driver and resinstall again to fix the issue.
- First of all, right click on My Computer and go to Manage option.
- Now, click on Device Manager option.
- From there, go to Device Manager option.
- There, you’ll find the Wifi drivers. Double click on the drivers and go to the Driver tab.
- Now, click on Update Driver option.
- Then click on Search automatically for drivers.
- It’ll start searching for the drivers. So, just wait until it updates the driver.
That’s it. After updating the drivers successfully, just check if you are able to fix the issue or not.
10. Flush DNS Cache
The last, but not the least thing that you can do to fix Wifi connected but no Internet issue on your PC is, you can flush the DNS cache of your Windows PC. After flushing the DNS cache, you can try and see if you are able to solve the issue or not. Sometimes, the DNS cache of your Windows PC can cause the no Internet issue. So, you have to flush the DNS cache and see if the Internet is working or not. Just follow the below steps to do that.
- First of all, you have to open Command Prompt on your Windows PC.
- You can open it from the Windows search option, or you can press Windows Key+R and type cmd in the run box and hit enter. It’ll open the Command Prompt option on your PC.
- When you open the option, just type ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter.
- Thats’ it. It’ll clear the DNS cache on your PC. Now, you can check and try to connect to the Internet.
As you can see, it is really easy to clear the DNS cache on your PC. So, you can do that easily without any issues and fix the no Internet issue on your PC.
So, guys, I hope you have found this guide helpful. Above, we have tried to described the methods to fix Wifi connected but no Internet issue on your Windows PC or laptop. So, you can just try out the methods and solve the issue easily on your PC or laptop. If you liked this guide, you can share it on your social media platforms. You can use the share buttons below to share this guide. If you have any question, quaries, or suggestions, you can comment down in the comment section below. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.