When it comes to watching Anime online, Crunchyroll is one of the most popular streaming platforms that helps you do that. You can use Crunchyroll to watch your favorite anime on your smartphone, PC, or smart TV. However, sometimes Crunchyroll users face buffering issues while watching their favorite anime on the platform. Crunchyroll keeps buffering, which is one of the most common errors that Crunchyroll users get on the platform.
If you are facing the same issue, and want to fix it, then you just have come to the right place. In this guide, we have described how you can fix Crunchyroll keeps buffering issue easily. So, you can just follow the step-by-step guide below, and fix this issue with Crunchyroll easily. So, just follow the guide we have described, and you can fix this issue with Crunchyroll easily. You can also read about fixing the Crunchyroll black screen issue.
Table of Contents
Why is Crunchyroll Keeps Buffering?
There can be several reasons why you might face this issue on Crunchyroll. Below, we have described why this issue happens on the platform.
- Internet Connection: The most common reason why you are facing this issue on the platform is because of the Internet connection. If the Internet connection you are using isn’t stable or fast, then you might face issues with Crunchyroll. So, this could be a reason why you’re facing the issue.
- Router: Sometimes, your router can also create problems. And because of this, you can face problems with Crunchyroll. If the router is defective or there are issues with the router, then you might face buffering issues on Crunchyroll.
- Outdated App: If the Crunchyroll app is outdated on your device, then it can also cause issues. Sometimes, outdated versions of the app can cause problems. So, this can be a reason as well behind this issue with Crunchyroll.
- DNS: If you are facing this problem on your PC, then the DNS address that you are using on your PC can cause the problem. Even if you have not set a manual DNS address, the DNS address set by your ISP can cause the issue.
- VPN: If you are using a VPN connection while watching Crunchyroll, then the VPN connection can create issues. So, the VPN could be one of the reasons why you’re facing the issue with Crunchyroll.
No matter what the reason is, below, we have described some methods to fix this problem with Crunchyroll. So, you can just follow the guide below, and fix it easily.
How to Fix Crunchyroll Keeps Buffering?
1. Restart Device
The first thing you need to do when you face the buffering issue on Crunchyroll is, you need to restart your device. Just do a simple restart and then see if it’s working or not. Just turn off your device and then turn it on. Now, open Crunchyroll in your browser or the Crunchyroll app, and check if it’s working.
2. Check the Internet
The buffering issue on Crunchyroll happens mostly because of the Internet connection issue. So, it could be your Internet connection that might cause the problem. So, you just need to check if your Internet connection is working properly or not.
You can simply open a speed testing website and then check if you are getting enough Internet speed. You can also check if your Internet is stable or not. If possible, you can change your Internet connection, for example, switch Wi-fi connection and then see if it works.
3. Restart Router
Sometimes, the router you are using can be the reason why Crunchyroll keeps buffering. Because of router issues, you can face this problem. So, you need to restart your router and then see if Crunchyroll is working. Just turn off your router and then turn it on. Then, open it and check if it’s working. This might help you to fix the issue with Crunchyroll.
4. Disable VPN
If you are using a VPN while watching Crunchyroll, then you can disable your VPN connection and then see if it’s working. Because of the VPN connection, you might face the issue on Crunchyroll. So, just disable your VPN connection or if you don’t want to watch Crunchyroll without a VPN, just change the VPN server and then check if it’s working. This might help you to fix the issue.
5. Update App
The next method you can try to fix Crunchyroll keeps buffering issue is, you can update the Crunchyroll app on your device and see if it’s working. Sometimes, because of the outdated version of the Crunchyroll app, you can face issues. So, just update the app to the latest version and check if it works. You can open Google Play Store or App Store and then update Crunchyroll to the latest version. Then, open it on your device and check if it works.
6. Change DNS Address
If you are watching Crunchyroll on your PC and facing this issue, then you can change the DNS address of your PC and then see if it’s working. To change your DNS address, you can just follow the step-by-step guide below.
- First of all, open the search option on your Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC search for ‘View network connections’, and open it.
- Now, right-click on the network you are using and go to the ‘Properties’ option from there.
- Then, double click on ‘Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ and select ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’ option.
- Enter Google, Cloudflare, or OpenDNS address there and save it.
That’s it. Now, just open Crunchyroll and see if you are facing the same issue.
So, I hope you liked this guide about fixing Crunchyroll keeps buffering issue. If you liked this guide, you can share it on your social media platforms. Just use the share buttons below to do that. If you have any questions or queries, you can ask in the comment section below. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.