Are you facing a message notification issue on Kik and it is not showing new messages on your device? If yes, then you just have come to the right place. Kik is a popular messaging platform out there that you can use to make new friends online and send messages to them. However, if you are facing issues where this messaging app isn’t showing new messages or you aren’t getting any notifications, then it can be an issue.
So, if you are facing the same issue, then it could be frustrating. That’s why we have described different methods to fix Kik not showing new messages issue on your device below. You can follow the below methods, and fix the issue with Kik easily. We have provided different methods that’ll help you to fix this problem with Kik easily. You can also read about fixing Kik app not working issue.
Table of Contents
Why Kik is Not Showing New Messages?
There could be several reasons why you might face this problem on Kik. Below, we have described some of the common reasons why you might face this issue.
- Internet Issue: If the Internet connection you are using isn’t fast or stable, then Ki might not refresh messages on your device. Hence, you won’t get new messages on the platform. So, this could be one of the reasons why you might face the issue.
- Permission Issue: If there’s a permission issue on your device and Kik doesn’t have enough permission to show notifications for new messages, then you might face the issue. This could be one of the reasons why you are facing issues with Kik.
- Outdated App: Outdated version of Kik might have bugs and glitches in it. So, if you are using an outdated version of the Kik app on your device, then you can face this problem as well.
- Cache Issue: If there’s a cache issue with the Kik app, then you can face Kik not showing new messages issue. So, the cache of the app can also cause problems. This could be one of the reasons why you are facing issues with the Kik app.
How to Fix Kik Not Showing New Messages?
1. Restart Device
The first thing you need to do is to restart your device. Just do a simple restart and open the Kik app on your device. Then, check if it’s showing messages or not. Sometimes, restarting your device can solve problems. So, just do a simple restart and check if it works.
2. Update the App
Next, you need to check if the Kik app is updated to the latest version or not. If not, then you need to update Kik to the latest version and check if you are getting new messages on the app. To update the app, just open Google Play Store or App Store on your device and search for the Kik app. Then, click on the “Update” option to update the app on your device.
3. Check the Internet
You can also check if your Internet connection is working properly or not to fix the issue. Because of the Internet connection, you can face problems with the Kik app messages. So, just check the Internet, and change your Internet connection if possible. After changing the connection, just open Kik app on your device, and check if it’s receiving new messages.
4. Clear the Cache
You can also clear the cache of the Kik app to fix the issue. Clearing the app cache can also solve various issues with the app. So, just clear the cache, and check if it works. Below, we have described how you can clear the cache of Kik app on your device. So, just follow the guide below to clear the cache.
- First of all, open the “Settings” option on your device.
- Then, go to the App Management>App List option from there.
- Now, search for the Kik app and click on it.
- After that, choose the “Storage” option and click on both the “Clear cache” and “Clear data” options from there.
That’s it. Now, open Kik app on your device and check if it’s working.
5. Check the Permission
You can check if the Kik app has enough permission or not and allow permission for the app. Below, we have described how you can check permission for the Kik app. So, just follow the guide below to check the permission.
- First of all, open the Settings option on your device.
- Then, go to the App Management>App List option and click on the Kik app.
- Now, go to the “Notifications” option and allow required notifications like messages, Internet, etc for the Kik app.
That’s it. Now, open the app and check if it’s receiving new messages.
So, I hope you liked this guide about fixing Kik not showing new message issues. If you did, then you can share this guide on your social media platforms. Just use the share buttons below to share this guide. If you have any questions or queries, you can ask in the comment section below. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.