After it’s release, Pokemon Go has been one of the most favorite games for mobile gamers. Especially for Pokemon fans, it has been popular. You can get Pokemon Go on your mobile and play it. There’s both Android and iOS versions of this game are available. However, while playing Pokemon Go, there are many users who face different issues. One of the common issues with Pokemon Go is the Pokemon Go failed to login error. Many Pokemon Go players have faced this issue recently. They see an error message saying ‘Failed to login’ or ‘Unable to authenticate’ in the game.
This is a really annoying issue faced by many Pokemon Go players. Because, when they see this error, they are not able to play the game on their smartphones and tablets. The problem may resolve on it’s own, however, if it’s not solved on it’s own, you don’t need to worry. Because below, we have described the methods to fix the Pokemon Go failed to login error on your device. So, you can just follow the steps below, and fix this problem of Pokemon Go easily without any issues. You can also read about deleting Pokemon go account.
Table of Contents
Why Pokemon Go Shows Failed to Login?
There could be various reasons why you face the login problem on Pokemon Go. Below, we have described some of the common reasons behind this problem.
- Pokemon Go Server is Down: If the game servers of Pokemon Go are down, you might face issues to login in the game. So, this could be due to the server issue of the game why you are facing failed to login error.
- Internet Issue: If your Internet connection isn’t working properly, then you can also face this problem. The game needs a stable and fast Internet connection. If you don’t have either of them, it might cause the failed to login error in the game.
- Cache Issue: If you have not cleared the cache of Pokemon Go for a long time, then it an cause this problem in the game. The cache of the game needs to be cleared regularly. So, this can be a cause behind the login error.
- Outdated Game: If you have not updated Pokemon Go for a long time, then you can also face this problem in the game. Updates bring fixes for the game. So, it can cause issues if it’s not been updated for a long time.
- Game Bug: If the game files are corrupted on your device, then you may face this problem. Sometimes, game files can get corrupted due to various reasons. So, this can be the cause for this problem of Pokemon Go.
- Account Ban: Altough it shows account ban message when your account is banned, but sometimes, you may see Pokemon Go failed to login error if you are trying to login with a banned account on the game. So, this could be another reason behind this problem.
How to Fix Pokemon Go Failed to Login Error?
There are several methods are available to fix this issue. Below, we have described them one by one. So, you can follow the methods one by one, and fix this problem of Pokemon Go easily.
1. Restart Device
Before following any other methods, you can simply restart your device, and fix this problem of Pokemon Go easily. This is a really effective yet simple method to fix this problem of the game. Just turn off your device, and then turn it on. Then, try to login in the game, and see if it’s turning on. Restarting the game is a simple solution to follow. So, just do a simple restart and see if it works.
2. Check Pokemon Go Servers
The next thing you need to do is to check if the servers of this game are online or not. As told earlier, you may face the failed to login error on Pokemon Go if the servers of this game are down. So, just check if the servers are down. You can simply go to this link, and check if the server is down or not. If it’s showing that the game server is down, then you may need to wait until the server is up. Just check if the server is working, and follow the next methods if it’s showing that there’s no issue with the server.
3. Update Game
If you have not updated Pokemon Go for a long time, then you may also face a Pokemon Go failed to login error in the game. So, just update the game to the latest version and see if it’s working. You can do that from Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Just go to Google Play Store or App Store and look for the update. If it’s showing there’s an update available, click on the ‘Update’ option to update the game. After updating, just open it and see if it works.
4. Check Internet Connection
Next, you need to check if your Internet connection is stable and working properly. Because of a slow Internet connection, you can face the Pokemon Go failed to login error. So, just check the Internet connection, and change if it’s required. You can simply go to fast.com and check if your Internet connection has enough speed. After checking, just change it if possible. This may fix the login error of Pokemon Go on your device. So, just check if the connection, and you’ll be able to fix this problem with Pokemon Go.
5. Clear Cache
The next method to fix the Pokemon Go failed to login error is to clear the cache of Pokemon Go from your device. Sometimes, because of cache issue, you may face different problems in the game, including failed to login error. So, just clear the cache, and see if it works. Below, we have described how you can clear the cache of Pokemon Go on your Android device. So, just follow the process below to do that.
- First of all, open the Settings option on your device.
- Then, go to the Apps>App Management>App List option, and search for Pokemon Go, and click on it.
- Now, click on the ‘Storage’ option, and click on the ‘Clear Cache’ option from there.
- That’s it. It’ll clear the cache of Pokemon Go.
Now, just open the game, and see if you are able to login.
6. Disable VPN
If you are using a VPN while playing Pokemon Go on your device, then you should disable the VPN and then try login in the game. Because of VPN, you may face different issues in the game. So, just disable the VPN, and see if it’s working.
7. Try Different Account
If you are trying to log in with an account that’s been banned, you should change the account and try with a new one. Just create a new account, and try to login with the account. This is another effective method to fix Pokemon Go failed to login error.
8. Reinstall Pokemon Go
Last, but not least method to fix Pokemon Go failed to login is, you have to reinstall this game on your device. Just uninstall the existing one from your device, and download the latest version of Pokemon Go on your device. Then, see if it’s working on your device.
Pokemon Go is a really popular game out there. However, you might face issues if the account login is not working in the game. Above, we have described the methods that’ll help you easily fix this Pokemon Go problem. If you liked this guide, you can share on your social media platforms. Use the share buttons below to do that. If you have any questions or queries, you can ask in the comment section.