Over time, Instagram has added new features to its app that users can use. And one such exciting feature that Instagram introduced is the “Add Yours” sticker that users can add to their stories. This is a creative and cool feature that creates a chain of stories from one single story of the user. However, if the Add yours feature is not working in your Instagram account, then you can fix this issue easily.
Many Instagram users have complained that they are not able to use this feature on Instagram while creating stories. So, you are not alone who is facing this problem. But, the good thing is, we have described different methods to fix the Add yours not working on your Instagram account below. So, if you are unable to get or use this feature, you can follow the below methods, and fix it easily without any issues. You can also read about fixing Instagram feedback required login error.
Table of Contents
What is Add Yours Feature on Instagram?
Before we get into the actual method to fix the problem, let me give a brief overview of the “Add Yours” feature or sticker of Instagram.
Add Yours is a custom sticker that you get on Instagram while creating a new story. As we know, when creating or publishing a new story on Instagram, you can choose from different stickers like Music or Place, etc. Add Yours is one of the recent stickers that has been added to Instagram for stories.
What this sticker does is, it gives other users to add their photos to your Instagram story, creating a chain of stories that you can view if you want.
For example, if you want to post a picture of your favorite food, you can create the story, and add the “Add Yours” sticker to the story. What it’ll do is, it’ll give your followers of other users to add their favorite food in their stories. Later, you can view who have seen your story and used the “Add yours” sticker to post their favorite food.
This is a creative feature by Instagram. However, sometimes, users might not be able to find the “Add Yours” sticker while creating stories. If you are facing the same issue, then you can follow the troubleshooting steps that we have described below to fix this issue.
Why Instagram Add Yours Sticker is Not Working?
There could be several reasons why you are not able to get this feature of Instagram in your account. Below, we have described some of the common reasons why you might face this issue.
- Outdated App: If the Instagram app is outdated on your device, and you have not updated the Instagram app for a long time, then you can face this issue.
- Account-Related Issue: It could also be an account-related issue. If there are problems with the Instagram account you are using, or if you are not using an Instagram personal account, use a professional account instead, then you can face this problem.
- Not Available in Your Region: For privacy reasons, this feature of Instagram might not be available in some countries around the world. So, if the Add Yours feature of Instagram isn’t available in your country, you might face Add Yours not working issue.
How to Fix Instagram Add Yours Not Working?
1. Logout and Login
The first thing you need to do to fix Add Yours sticker not working on Instagram is, you have to log out of your Instagram account and log in again. To do this, just follow the steps below.
- First of all, open the Instgaram app on your device.
- Then, click on your profile picture from the right side of your screen and click on the “Menu” option from there.
- Now, go to “Settings” and select the “log Out” option from there.
- After logging out, just sign-in with your Instagram account.
- That’s it. Now, just add a story and see if the “Add Yours” option is working.
2. Switch to Instagram Personal Account
If you are using a professional Instagram account, then you need to switch to a personal account if you want to get the “Add Yours” sticker. This feature might be available on Instagram personal accounts only. So, just switch to a personal account, and then see if it works. Below, we have described how you can do that. So, just follow the step-by-step guide below to switch to an Instagram personal account.
- First of all, open the Instagram app on your device.
- Then, click on your profile picture from the right corner, and go to the “Settings” option from there.
- Now, click on the “Account” option, and scroll down.
- There, you’ll get the “Switch to personal account” option, click on it.
That’s it. Now, just open the Instagram app on your device, and check if it’s working.
3. Use a VPN
If the Add Yours sticker isn’t available in your country, then you can use a VPN and switch to a VPN server where this feature is available. Then, just open the Instagram app, and check if you are getting this option.
4. Update Instagram App
The “Add Yours” sticker is available on the latest version of the Instagram app only. So, if you are using an outdated version of the Instagram app, then you might have issues finding and using this sticker. Just follow the guide below to update the Instagram app on your device.
- First of all, open the Google Play Store or Apple App Store on your device.
- Then, search for the Instagram app there.
- Now, click on the “Update” option to update it.
That’s it. Now, just open it after updating and check if it’s working.
5. Switch to a Different Instagram Account
It could be an issue of your Instagram account as well why the “Add Yours” feature isn’t working. So, you can switch to a different Instagram account if you have any, and see if it works for you. Just try a different account, and create a story with it. Then, see if you are getting the “Add Yours” feature.
6. Search the “Add Yours” Sticker
Sometimes, you might not get the “Add Yours” sticker when you click on the add stickers option while creating a story. In that case, you can manually search for the sticker using the search option that you get. Just search for “Add Yours” and check if you are getting this sticker on your device.
7. Reinstall Instagram
The next method to fix Add Yours sticker on Instagram is, you can reinstall the Instagram app on your device, and then check if it works. Just uninstall it from your device, and download the latest version of this app. Then, check if it’s working.
8. Contact Instagram Support
Last but the not least method to fix Instagram “Add Yours” feature is not working is, you can contact Instagram support team, and as them to fix this issue. Below, we have described how you can do that.
- Open the Instagram app on your device.
- Then, click on your profile picture option from the right corner, and go to the “Settings” option.
- Now, click on the “Help” option, and select “Report a problem”.
- Enter that you are unable to use the Add Yours feature in your Instagram account.
That’s it. The Instagram customer support executive will help you to fix this issue.
So, I hope you liked this guide about fixing the Add Yours feature on the Instagram app. If you did, then you can share this guide on your social media platforms. Just use the share buttons below to do that. If you have any questions or queries, you can ask in the comment section below. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.