Doordash is one of the most popular online food delivery platforms in the US. You can place orders from various restaurants in your area using Doordash. However, many users often complain that Doordash won’t let them place their order. If you are facing the same issue, and want to fix it, then you just have come to the right place.
In this guide, we have described why Doordash won’t let you place your order and how you can fix this issue. We have described the methods that’ll help you to fix this issue with Doordash. So, if you want to fix it, then you can just follow the steps below, and you’ll be able to place orders with Doordash without any problem. You can also read about fixing Dasher app login error.
Table of Contents
Why Doordash Won’t Let Me Place My Order?
There can be several reasons why you are unable to place orders on Doordash. Below, we have described some of the common reasons why you might face this issue.
- Incorrect Payment Details: If you have entered incorrect payment information on Doordash then you can face this issue. Specially, if you are using a new payment method or have added new credit card details, then you might face this problem. So, this could be a reason why you’re facing the issue.
- Doordash Server Outage: Because of the server outage, you can also face this problem on Doordash. So, this could be another reason why you are facing issues on the platform.
- Outdated Doordash App: If you are using an outdated version of the Doordash app on your device, then you might face issues while ordering through the app. An outdated version of the app can get bugs in it. So, this could be a reason why you are facing the issue.
- Cache Issue: It could also be the cache issue of the Doordash app. Because of uncleared cache, you might face the problem.
No matter what the reason is, below, we have described the methods to fix this problem easily.
How to Fix Doordash Won’t Let Me Place My Order?
1. Check Payment Details
The first thing you need to do is to check if the payment details entered by you is correct or not. Just check if you have entered the wrong credit card details. This could be the reason Venmo won’t let you place your order. You can also try removing your payment details and then enter the correct details. Or, you can try using another payment method to order on Doordash. It might help to fix the issue.
2. Check Server Outage
The next thing you need to do is to check for server outages. If the Doordash server is down, and you are trying to place an order, then you can face the problem. So, just check for server outages and see if there are issues with the Doordash server. You can simply go to https://downdetector.com/status/doordash/ and check if it’s showing that the Doordash server is down. If it’s showing that the server is down, then you just need to wait until it fixes the server issue. Then, try to place an order and see if it’s working.
3. Update the App
If you are using an outdated version of the Doordash app on your device, then you need to update the app and check if it fixes the issue. Just update Doordash to the latest version and see if the issue is fixed. To do that, you need to open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device and update the app to the latest version. Then, open it and check if it’s working.
4. Clear Cache
The next method to fix Doordash won’t let you place an order is, you can clear the Doordash app cache from your device and see if the issue is fixed. Below, we have described how you can clear the Doordash app cache. So, just follow the step-by-step guide below and clear the cache of the app.
- First of all, open the ‘Settings’ option on your device.
- Then, go to the App Management>App List option from there.
- There, you’ll find the Doordash app, click on it.
- Now, go to the ‘Storage’ option from there.
- Click on both the ‘Clear cache’ and ‘Clear data’ option.
That’s it. Now, open the Doordash app and try to place an order.
5. Order from PC
If any of the above solutions are not working, then you may order your food with Doordash from your PC. Many users have shared that ordering from a PC works when they are not able to place order with the Doordash mobile app. So, just order from your PC and see if you are able to place an order on Doordash.
6. Contact Doordash Support
If this problem isn’t solved on its own or even after trying the above methods, then you may contact Doordash support and they might help you to fix the issue. Just contact Doordash support and tell them that you are facing this problem with Doordash. They will help you to solve the problem.
So, I hope you liked this guide. If you did, then you can share this guide on your social media platforms. Just use the share buttons below to share this guide. If you have any questions or queries, you can ask in the comment section below. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.