Vimeo is a popular video hosting and sharing platform for professionals. You can host your videos, and manage them on this platform. Vimeo also comes with features like screen recording, virtual events, etc. However, if you are using Vimeo, but want to delete your account for any reason, then you can do that as well. In this guide, we have described how you can delete your account from this platform easily.
It’s really easy to delete your Vimeo account. Vimeo provides a dedicated option to close your account. And below, we have described the step-by-step guide to do that. So, you can just follow the steps below, and delete your account from this video sharing platform easily without any issues. Just follow the guide we have described, and you’ll be able to delete your Vimeo account permanently. You can also read about canceling Vimeo subscription.
Table of Contents
Why Delete Vimeo Account?
There can be several reasons why people choose to delete their accounts from this platform. Below, we have described some of the common reasons why you might want to do that.
- If you don’t find Vimeo useful and want to move to another video-sharing or hosting platform like YouTube, then you can choose to close your account.
- Vimeo is a freemium platform. So, if you don’t like their pricing model, or don’t feel the pricing is worth it, then you can choose to close your account.
- If you have privacy issues and don’t feel safe with your data shared with Vimeo, then you can choose to close your account that’ll delete all your data from their platform.
- If you are receiving spam emails from Vimeo, and you want to stop receiving these spam emails, then you can choose to close your account.
No matter what the reason is, below, we have described the step by step guide to delete your account from this platform. So, just follow the guide below to delete your account from this video sharing and hosting platform.
How to Delete Your Vimeo Account Permanently?
- First of all, open the official website of Vimeo and sign-in with your account.
- Then, click on your profile picture icon from the upper right corner and go to the “Settings” option from the dropdown menu.
- From, the “Settings” option, go to the “Privacy” tab.
- In the privacy tab, you’ll get the “Delete your account” option, click on it to delete your account.
- That’s it. Now, just confirm deleting your account, and your account will be deleted.
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q)
Does Vimeo Delete inactive accounts?
Yes, if you have not used or log-in to your Vimeo account for years, then they might delete your account, and you won’t get your data back.
How do I Delete my Vimeo account from Google?
If you have signed up on Vimeo using Google or Facebook, then you have to set a password for the account to delete it. Just go to the password update page of Vimeo and set a password for your account from there. Then, just follow the above method to delete your account easily.
Can I hide my Vimeo account?
Yes, you can activate “Private Mode” in your Vimeo account to hide your account from other users. So, it’s possible to hide your Vimeo account. And you can do that without any issues.
So, I hope you liked this guide about deleting your Vimeo account. If you did, then you can share this guide on your social media platforms. Just use the share buttons below to share this guide. If you have any questions or queries, you can ask in the comment section below. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.