Have you experienced server is currently unavailable error on Tiktok and looking for a way to fix it? If yes, then you just have come to the right place. TikTok is currently one of the most popular platforms for sharing short videos. However, while using the Tiktok app on their devices, many users might face the server unavailable error. If you are facing the same issue, then don’t worry.
In this guide, we have described what causes the server is currently unavailable error on Tiktok and how you can fix it easily. All you need to do is to follow the steps we have described and you’ll be able to fix this error of Tiktok easily. Just follow the step-by-step guide we have described and you can fix this error of TikTok without any issues. You can also read about Tiktok account suspended error.
Table of Contents
Why Tiktok is Showing Server is Currently Unavailable?
This error on Tiktok usually occurs when a user tries to watch a video on Tiktok. However, it can also occur when a user tries to log-in to the Tiktok app. Usually, this error means Tiktok can’t connect to its server because of several reasons. Although this error is server-related, there can be various reasons why you are facing this issue. Below, we have described some of the common reasons behind the server is currently unavailable error on the platform.
- TikTok is Down: The first reason behind this issue could be because of the TikTok server outage. If the Tiktok server is down, and you are trying to open a video on the app or trying to log-in to your Tiktok account, then you can face this issue.
- Internet Connection: It could also be your Internet connection that’s causing the issue. If you are using an Internet connection that doesn’t have enough speed or reliability, then Tiktok might have issues connecting to its servers. So, this could be a reason as well.
- VPN: If you are using a VPN connection to use the Tiktok app on your device, then you can also face server is currently unavailable error on the platform. As a VPN connection changes the location and IP, Tiktok might have issues connecting to it’s servers.
- Outdated App: If you are using an outdated version of Tiktok on your device, then you can also face this error. An outdated version of the app might get bugs in it. And because of that, you might see this error.
- Cache: An unclear cache of the Tiktok app can also cause this problem. If you haven’t cleared the cache of the app for a long time, then it can cause errors like this.
No matter what the reason is, below, we have described different methods that’ll help you to fix this error of Tiktok.
How to Fix Server is Currently Unavailable Error on Tiktok?
1. Check the Server
The first thing you need to check is, check if the Tiktok server is down. If the Tiktok server is down, and you are trying to open a video or trying to log-in then you can face this error. So, you can simply go to https://downdetector.com/status/tiktok/ and check if it’s showing Tiktok is down. If it’s showing that there are issues with the server and Tiktok is down, then you just need to wait until it fixes the issues.
2. Check the Internet
Next, you need to check if the Internet connection you are using is working properly or not. Because of an unstable or slow Internet connection, you can face this issue on Tiktok. So, just test your Internet connection speed or change your connection if possible. You can also restart your router or modem and then connect to the Internet. Then, check if it fixes the issue.
3. Disable VPN
If you are using a VPN connection while using Tiktok on your device, then you need to disable the VPN connection or change the VPN server and see if it fixes the issue. Disabling the VPN connection might help you to fix this problem with the Tiktok app. So, just disable your VPN connection and check.
4. Update the App
The next method to fix the server is currently unavailable error on Tiktok is, you need to update the Tiktok app on your device and check if it fixes the issue. If you are using an outdated version of Tiktok, then you can update it on your device to fix this error. Just open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device and check if there’s an update available. Then, update TikTok to the latest version from there. Now, check if it’s working.
5. Clear Cache
Clearing the app cache can also help you to fix this error on Tiktok. You can just clear the cache of Tiktok on your Android device and see if you are still getting server is currently unavailable error on the platform. Below, we have described how you can clear the cache of this app. So, follow the steps below to do that.
- First of all, open the “Settings” option on your device.
- Then, go to the App Management>App List option from there.
- Now, search for the Tiktok app and click on it.
- From there, go to the “Storage” option.
- Then, click on both the “Clear cache” and “Clear data” option.
That’s it. It’ll clear the Tiktok app cache. Now, just open the app and check if it’s still showing the server is currently unavailable error.
6. Reinstall Tiktok
Last, but not least method to fix the Tiktok server is currently unavailable error is, that you need to reinstall the app on your device and check if it fixes the issue. Just uninstall Tiktok from your device and then download the latest version of the app from the Google Play Store or App Store. Now, open the app and check if it works.
So, I hope you liked this guide about fixing Tiktok server is currently unavailable error. If you liked this guide, you can share it on your social media platforms. Just use the share buttons below to share this guide. If you have any questions or queries, you can ask in the comment section below. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.