Bitwarden is a popular password manager platform. You can store your password in encrypted form with Bitwarden easily. You can use it on your smartphone or PC and save your passwords easily. Bitwarden is a freemium platform that helps you to store your passwords so that you don’t need to remember your passwords every time. However, there are many Bitwarden users who might want to delete their accounts for various reasons. If you want to do the same and delete your Bitwarden account, then you just have come to the right place.
In this guide, we have described how you can delete your Bitwarden account easily without any issues. So, you can just follow the step-by-step guide below, and delete your account easily. We have described the step-by-step guide to delete your account. So, all you need to do is to follow the steps below, and you’ll be able to delete your account. You can also read about deleting your Ibotta account.
Table of Contents
Why Delete Bitwarden Account?
There can be several reasons why you might want to delete your account from this platform. Below, we have described some of the common reasons behind this.
- If you don’t remember your Bitwarden master password, then you might choose to delete your account.
- If you don’t need this platform, then you can choose to close your account.
- If you want to move to another password manager platform, then you can choose to delete your account.
How to Delete Bitwarden Account?
Deleting your Bitwarden account is really easy as Bitwarden provides a direct option to close your account on both the app and website. Below, we have described both methods to delete your account. So, you can just follow the steps below, and delete your account easily without any issues.
If you want to delete your account using the Bitwarden website, then you can just follow the step by step guide below.
- First of all, open the Bitwarden website on your PC and log-in with your account.
- Then, go to the ‘Account settings’ option from the upper right corner of your screen.
- Now, click on the ‘Delete account’ option from the Danger Zone section.
- Enter the master password of your Bitwarden account and click on the ‘Delete account’ option from there.
That’s it. It’ll delete your account permanently.
If you are using the Bitwarden app on your smartphone or tablet, then you can follow the steps below.
- First of all, open the Bitwarden app on your device.
- Then, go to the ‘Settings’ option from there.
- Now, scroll down and select the ‘Delete account’ option.
- Click on ‘Delete Account’ and confirm deleting your account.
That’s it. Your account will be deleted.
How to Delete Bitwarden Account If You’ve Forgotten Master Password?
Sometimes, people forget the master password of their Bitwarden account. However, if you have forgotten the master password, but still want to delete your account, you can do that as well. Below, we have described how you can close your Bitwarden account if you’ve forgotten the master password of your device.
- First of all, open https://vault.bitwarden.eu/#/recover-delete in your browser.
- Enter the email address associated with your Bitwarden account and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email in your account. Confirm deleting your account and proceed.
That’s it. Your account will be deleted.
How to Delete Bitwarden Organization Account?
To delete the Bitwarden organization account, you can just follow the guide below. Make sure you have the owner’s permission in your account.
- First of all, open the web vault of your organization from the Bitwarden website.
- From there, go to the ‘Settings’ option.
- Now, go to the Danzer zone section and click on the ‘Delete account’ option.
- Confirm deleting your account.
That’s it. It’ll delete your account.
So, I hope you liked this guide about deleting your Bitwarden account. If you did, then you can share this guide on your social media platforms. Just use the share buttons below to do that. If you have any question or quaries, you can ask in the comment section below. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.