Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms nowadays. However, if your Instagram is not showing new posts on your feed, then it might be frustrating. There are many Instagram users who have complained that even after refreshing their feed, they are not able to see new posts, videos, photos, or reels. If you are facing the same issue, and you want to fix it, then you just have come to the right place.
In this guide, we have described how you can fix Instagram not showing new posts issue on your device. We have described the reason why you might face this issue with Instagram and the methods to fix it. So, just follow the step by step guide we have described below, and you’ll be able to fix this problem with Instagram easily without any issues. You can also read about fixing Instagram links not working issue.
Table of Contents
Why Instagram is Not Showing New Posts?
There isn’t a particular reason why this problem occurs on Instagram. Below, we have described some of the common reasons why you might face this problem on this app.
- Instagram Bug: The most common reason why this problem happens is because of the bug in the Instagram app. Sometimes, the Instagram app can get bugs. And because of that, it might not refresh new posts on your feed. So, this could be a reason why the issue happens.
- Internet Connection: It could also be your Internet connection why you are facing this problem. Because of the Internet connection issue, Instagram might not be able to refresh your feed. So, this can be a reason as well.
- You are Blocked: If you are not able to see posts in your Instagram feed for a particular Instagram user, then the reason behind this issue could be the user has blocked you or their account is disabled. If the account is disabled, or you are blocked, you won’t be able to see new posts from the user in your Instagram feed.
Below, we have described the methods to fix this issue with Instagram.
How to Fix Instagram Not Showing New Posts?
1. Restart Device
The first thing you need to do to fix this issue with Instagram is, you need to restart your device. Sometimes, restarting your device can solve various issues of an app. So, just do a simple restart and then open the Instagram app on your device. Then, check if it’s showing new posts or not.
2. Update the App
Next, you need to update the Instagram app on your device and check if the issue is fixed. To update the Instagram app on your device, you can follow the steps below. If there’s a bug in the Instagram app, or if you haven’t updated the app for a long time, then you may face the problem.
- First of all, open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Then, search for the Instagram app there.
- Now, check if it’s showing the “Update” option, if showing, then click on the option to update it.
After updating the app, just open it on your device and check if it’s showing new posts.
3. Check Your Internet Connection
Because of your Internet connection, you can also face Instagram not showing new posts issue. So, just check if your Internet connection is working properly or not and see if the issue is fixed. To check your Internet connection, you can use a speed testing website. You can also change your Internet connection, like switching from a Wi-fi connection to mobile data and see if the issue is fixed.
4. Clear Cache
The next method to fix Instagram not showing posts issue is, you can clear the Instagram app cache from your device, and see if the issue is fixed. Because of the cache issue, Instagram can have problems showing new posts to your feed. So, just clear the app cache and check if it works. Below, we have described how you can clear the Instagram app cache. So, follow the guide below to do that.
- First of all, open the “Settings” option on your device.
- Then, go to the App Management>App List option from there.
- There, you’ll find the Instagram app, click on it.
- Now, choose the “Storage” option from there and choose both the “Clear cache” and “Clear data” options from there.
After that, open the Instagram app on your device and check if it’s showing new posts.
5. Reinstall App
Last, but not least method to fix Instagram not showing new posts is, you can reinstall the Instagram app on your device. To do that, simply go to the Settings option on your device and uninstall Instagram from the app management option. Then, download the latest version of the Instagram app from the Google Play Store or App Store. This might fix the issue with the Instagram app.
I hope this guide has helped you to fix Instagram not showing new posts issue on your device. If you liked this guide, you can share it on your social media platforms. Just use the share buttons below to do that. If you have any questions or queries, you can ask in the comment section below. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.