Do you want to cancel or delete your Experian account? If yes, then you just have come to the right place. Experian is a credit score rating company, popular around the world. However, for any reason, if you don’t want your data to be stored in the Experian database, then you can choose to delete your account. It’ll help to remove all your information including your credit reports and personal data from their server.
However, deleting your Experian account isn’t easy. Although Experian allows you to delete your account, the process isn’t straightforward. That’s why people face issues when they want to delete their account from this platform. But, we have described an easy guide for you that’ll help you to delete your account from this platform. You can just follow the step-by-step guide below to delete your account easily. You can also read about cancelling your Noom subscription.
Table of Contents
What is Experian?
Experian is a popular credit rating organization available in different countries around the world. They give ratings for users based on their credit and repayment history of loans, credit cards, and other financial elements.
Experian also provides a premium subscription that provides some extra features and protection to your credit identity. Below, we have described both methods to cancel your premium subscription and delete your account easily.
Can You Delete Your Experian Account?
Yes, it is possible to delete your account from this credit score rating solution. You can cancel your account from their service and get rid of the platform. However, deleting your Experian account isn’t as easy as you think. Because, Experian doesn’t provide an option to delete your account directly from their web or app interface.
But that doesn’t mean that you can’t delete your account from this platform. We have described the complete process below that’ll help you to delete your account from this platform. You can just follow the step by step guide below that we have described, and delete your account without any issues.
Why Delete Experian Account?
You might want to delete your account from this platform for several reasons. Below, we have described some of the common reasons why you might want to do that.
- If you don’t find Experian useful or accurate, and find other credit score reporting solutions better than Experian, then you can choose to delete your account from this platform. This could be a reason why you might want to delete your account.
- The main reason why people want to delete their accounts from this credit score reporting solution is, because of the data breach. Over the years, we have seen several data breaches with Experian that have leaked information about millions of Experian users. So, if you find that your data or personal information is not safe with Experian, then you can choose to close your account. Deleting your Experian account will also delete all the data and information from their server. So, this could be a reason why you might want to delete your account from this platform.
How to Cancel Experian Premium Subscription?
Before deleting your account, you should know about canceling your paid or premium Experian subscription. Well, if you have a paid Experian subscription, then you can just follow the step-by-step process below to cancel your subscription easily. This can be done easily from the Experian web dashboard.
- First of all, open the Experian website, and log in to your Experian account.
- Then, click on your profile icon from the upper right corner and select the “Profile” option from there.
- Now, scroll down, and select the “My Membership” option from there.
- On the bottom of the page, you’ll get the “Update Online” option, click on it.
- There, you’ll get all the available Experian membership. Just click on the free option from there and update it.
- That’s it. Now, it’ll cancel your Experian membership. You can proceed to delete your account if you want.
How to Delete Your Experian Account?
As told earlier, Experian doesn’t provide a direct option to delete your account from their platform. So, you can either contact Experian customer support or email them to delete your account. We have described both processes below. So, just follow the process below to delete your account from this platform.
1. By Phone Number
In this method, you have to call the Experian support team at their official contact number and ask them to delete your account.
Just dial 1 (888) 397-3742 from your phone, and connect with a customer support executive. Then, tell them that you want to delete your account, and remove all your information from their server. They might verify your identity and proceed to delete your account.
2. By Email
You can also email Experian customer service and ask them to delete your account. They’ll help to do that.
Just compose an email to email@example.com and write that you want to completely delete your account. This will help to delete your account permanently.
So, I hope you liked this guide about deleting your Experian account. If you did, then you can share this guide on your social media platforms. Use the share buttons below to do that. If you have any questions or queries, you can ask in the comment section below. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.