Is Facebook Pay not working on your device? If yes, then you just have come to the right place. Facebook Pay or Meta Pay is a payment solution from Facebook, one of the leading social media platforms nowadays. Using Facebook Pay, you can pay on Facebook, Messenger, or on the Instagram app. You can make purchases, donate or send payments easily using Facebook Pay on your device. However, if this feature of Facebook isn’t working, then it can be frustrating.
Below, we have described a step-by-step guide to fix Facebook Pay not working on your device. So, all you need to do is to follow the step-by-step guide below, and you’ll be able to use Facebook Pay on your device easily without any issues. We have provided a complete guide to fix this issue with Facebook Pay or Meta Pay on your device. You can also read about fixing Facebook no likes data available error.
Table of Contents
Why is Facebook Pay Not Working on My Device?
There can be several reasons why the payment service from Facebook isn’t working on your device. Below, we have described some of the common reasons behind this issue with Facebook Pay or Meta Pay.
- Facebook Pay isn’t available: As of now, Facebook Pay or Meta Pay is available in selected countries or locations around the world. So, if you are living in a region where Meta pay isn’t available yet, you won’t be able to use it. This is the main reason why people don’t find the Facebook Pay option in the Facebook app on their devices.
- VPN: If you are using a VPN on your device, and trying to use Facebook Pay, then the VPN can cause issues. As Facebook Pay isn’t available in every location, if you are connected to a VPN server where it’s not available, you won’t get the option. So, VPN can be one of the reasons why you are facing this issue.
- Outdated App: Facebook Pay or Meta Pay is available on the latest version of Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram apps. So, if you are using an outdated version of these apps, then it might not work on your device. So, this can be one of the reasons why Facebook Pay is not working on your device.
- App Cache: Sometimes, because of the app cache, you can face issues. So, if you have not cleared the cache of Facebook Pay for a long time, then it can cause issues as well. So, the app cache can be one of the reasons why you are facing issues.
How to Fix Facebook Pay Not Working?
1. Check Availablity
The first thing you need to do if you don’t find the Facebook Pay option on Instagram, Facebook, and the Messenger app is you have to check if Facebook Pay is even available in your country or not. You can simply go to this link and check if your country is listed. If it’s not, then you won’t be able to use Facebook Pay or Meta Pay.
2. Disable/Change VPN Server
As told earlier, if you are using a VPN and the VPN server is connected to a location where Facebook Pay isn’t available, then you need to change the VPN server or disable the VPN. After changing the server or disabling the VPN, just open the Facebook, Messenger or Instagram app and then check if Facebook Pay is working on your device.
3. Update the App
Next, you need to update the Facebook, Messenger, or Instagram app on your device and then see if it’s working. Because of the outdated app, you can face this issue with Facebook Pay. So, just update the app to the latest version and then check if it works. Below, we have described how you can do that. So, just follow the guide below to update the app.
- First of all, open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Then, search for the app integrated with Facebook Pay, eg: Facebook or Instagram.
- Now, click on the “Update” option to update it.
That’s it. Now, open Facebook Pay on your device and check if it’s working.
4. Clear Cache
You can also try clearing the cache of Facebook, Messenger or the Instagram app and then check if it works. Below, we have described how you can clear the cache from these apps. So, just follow the guide below to do that.
- First of all, open the “Settings” option on your device.
- Then, go to the App Management>App List option from there.
- Now, choose the app and click on it.
- Go to the “Storage” option and click on both the “Clear Cache” and “Clear data” option from there.
That’s it. Now, just open the app and check if Facebook Pay is working or not.
5. Contact Support
Last, but not least thing you can do is, you can contact Facebook support and tell them about your issue. You can contact them via the Facebook app on your device and ask them to fix your issue. They might help to fix the issue on your device.
So, I hope you liked this guide about fixing Facebook Pay not working issue on your device. If you did, then you can share this guide on your social media platforms. Just use the share buttons below to share this guide. If you have any questions or queries, you can ask in the comment section below. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.