Are you getting error code NW-1-19 on Netflix? If yes, and you want to fix this issue with Netflix, then you just have come to the right place. Netflix is one of the most popular streaming platforms out there. However, over time, people face various types of error codes on Netflix. And NW-1-19 is one of the most common error codes that Netflix users face. If you are facing this error code, we have described different methods to fix this issue with Netflix.
When you see this error code on Netflix, it says, “Your device may not be connected to the Internet…”. So, this problem is related to the Internet connection of your device. Below, we have described the methods that’ll help you to fix Netflix error code NW-1-19 easily. So, just follow the steps below, and you’ll be able to fix this frustrating error code with Netflix. You can also read about fixing Netflix error code NW-3-6 easily.
Table of Contents
What Causes Netflix Error Code NW-1-19?
Although this error code of Netflix is related to the Internet, there can be several reasons why you might face this error code. Below, we have described some of the possible reasons why you are getting this error code on your device.
- Internet Issue: If you are using an unstable Internet connection or if your Internet connection doesn’t have enough speed, then you can face this error code on Netflix. So, this can be the main reason why you might face this error code on the platform.
- VPN/Proxy: If you are using a VPN or Proxy to unblock Netflix or for any other reason, then it can cause this error code of Netflix. So, because of a VPN connection, you can face this error code on Netflix.
- DNS Issue: The DNS of your network can also cause this problem. If the DNS is blocking Netflix from using the Internet, then you can face this problem. So, this can be one of the reasons why you are getting this error code on Netflix.
- Extensions: If you are using an adblocker or video downloading extension on your PC, then it can block Netflix sometimes. And because of that, you can face the Netflix error code NW-1-19 on your device.
How to Fix Netflix Error Code NW-1-19?
Below, we have described the methods to fix Netflix error code NW-1-19 easily on your device. So, you can follow the methods one by one, and fix the issue easily.
1. Restart Device/Power Cycle
The first thing you need to do to fix this issue with Netflix is, you have to restart your device. This is a simple method to fix the issue with Netflix. You can just do a simple restart and check if it’s working. Just turn off your device and then turn it on. Then, open Netflix and check if it’s working.
If you are getting the error code on your Smart TV, then you have to turn your TV off and then unplug all the cables. Then, plug in the cables and turn on your TV. Now, open Netflix and check if it’s working or not.
2. Check the Internet Connection
As the error code clearly says Netflix is having a problem connecting to the Internet, you can check your Internet connection and see if it’s working properly or not. Because of an Internet connection issue, you can face this error code. So, just check your connection, and see if you are getting a stable Internet connection with fast speed. You can check your connection speed by visiting any speed testing website. Just check your connection and change the connection if required.
3. Disable VPN/Proxy
The next thing you can do to fix this error code of Netflix is, you have to disable the VPN or proxy if you are using one. Just disable the VPN connection or change to a different VPN server. Because of the VPN connection, Netflix might have a problem connecting to the Internet. So, just disable the VPN connection or proxy on your device and open Netflix. Then, check if you are getting the same error code.
4. Change DNS
You can also change your DNS and check if you are able to watch Netflix. Below, we have described how you can change the DNS address of your PC. So, just follow the guide below to do that.
- First of all, open the search bar of your PC and search for the “Settings” option and open it.
- Then, click on the “Network & Internet” option from there and choose the “Change adapter settings” option.
- Now, right-click on your network connection and click on the “Properties” option from there.
- Double-click on “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” and select the “Use the following DNS server addresses” option.
- Enter any 3rd party DNS server like 188.8.131.52 (Cloudflare DNS) or 184.108.40.206 (Google DNS) and save it.
- That’s it. Now, close the window and open Netflix on your PC.
Now, check if Netflix is showing the error code.
5. Reinstall Netflix
If you are facing the Netflix error code NW-1-19 on your smartphone, then you can reinstall Netflix on your device and check if it’s working. To do that, just uninstall Netflix from your device and then download the latest version of the app from the app store of your device. Then, open it and sign-in with your account. Then, check if Netflix is working on your device.
So, I hope you liked this guide about fixing Netflix error code NW-1-19 on your device. If you did, then you can share this guide on your social media platforms. Just use the share buttons below to do that. If you have any questions or queries, you can ask in the comment section below. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.