Venmo is one of the popular payment services in the US that is used for sending and receiving payments from a smartphone or tablet. However, while using Venmo on their devices, many people face the ‘Something went wrong issue’. And when this issue occurs, they are not able to send or receive any payments on the platform. So, if you are facing the same issue on Venmo, and want to fix it, then you just have come to the right place.
In this guide, we have described how you can fix something went wrong issue on Venmo easily. We have described some steps that’ll help you to fix this problem. So, you can just follow the step-by-step guide below, and fix this issue with Venmo easily. Just follow the steps we have described to fix it. You can also read about how to unfreeze Venmo account.
Table of Contents
Why Venmo is Showing Something Went Wrong?
There can be several reasons why you are facing this issue on the Venmo app. Below, we have described some of the common reasons why this issue might occur.
- Bank Issue: This can happen because of the bank account you are using. If there are issues with your bank account, then you might face this problem on Venmo.
- VPN: If you are using a VPN connection while using Venmo on your device, then this problem can occur. So, because of a VPN connection, you can face this problem as well.
- Internet Connection: You might face the something went wrong issue on Venmo because of the Internet connection you are using. If there are issues with the Internet connection, then you can face this problem.
- Outdated App: Because of the outdated Venmo app, you can face this problem as well. Sometimes, an outdated version of the Venmo app can cause this issue.
- Venmo Server Outage: If the Venmo server is down, and you are trying to open the app at that time, then you can face this problem. So, because of the Venmo server outage, you can face this issue on your device.
No matter what the reason is, below, we have described how you can fix this issue.
How to Fix Something Went Wrong Issue on Venmo?
1. Check Bank Account
The first thing you can do is to check if there are issues with the bank account linked with your Venmo account. If the bank server is down, or you have insufficient funds in your account, then you can face this issue. So, just check if everything’s all right with your bank account and remove and add the bank account on Venmo if possible. Then, try to do transactions on Venmo and see if it’s working or not.
2. Disable VPN
The next thing you need to do is to check if a VPN is turned on or not. If you are using a VPN, then it might interfere with the connection to the Venmo server. So, if you are using a VPN on your device, then you need to disable the VPN and then open the Venmo app. Then, check if you are getting the same error.
3. Check Internet Connection
You can also face Venmo something went wrong issue because of the Internet connection you are using. If the Internet connection isn’t stable or fast enough, then you might face the problem. So, you need to check your Internet connection and see if it’s working or not. You can also change your Internet connection from Wi-fi to mobile data and see if it fixes the issue with Venmo.
4. Check Venmo Server
You can also check if Venmo server is working properly or not. If there are issues with the server, then you might face the problem. So, you can simply go to https://downdetector.com/status/venmo/ and check if it’s showing Venmo is down or not. If it’s showing Venmo is down, then you can just wait until the server issue is fixed. Then, open Venmo on your device and check if it works.
5. Update the App
The next method to fix the Venmo something went wrong issue is, you update the Venmo app on your device and see if it fixes the issue. To update the Venmo app, you can just open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device and search for the Venmo app. Then, check if there’s an update available and click on the ‘Update’ option to update it. Then, open Venmo on your device and see if it fixes the issue.
6. Clear Cache
Clearing the cache and data of the Venmo app can also help you to fix this problem with the Venmo app. So, you can try clearing the cache and data and see if the issue is fixed. Below, we have described how you can clear the Venmo app cache and data on your device. So, just follow the steps below to do that.
- First of all, open the ‘Settings’ option on your device.
- Then, go to the Apps>App Management option and search for the Venmo app there. When you find it, click on it.
- After that, go to the ‘Storage’ option and click on both ‘Clear cache’ and ‘Clear data’ option.
That’s it. Now, open Venmo on your device, login to your account and see if it’s working or not.
7. Reinstall App
You can also reinstall the Venmo app on your device to fix the issue. This might help you to fix the Venmo something went wrong issue. Just go to Apps>App Management option and then uninstall Venmo from there. Then, download the latest version of Venmo on your device from the Google Play Store or App Store and see if the issue is fixed.
8. Contact Support
Last, but not least method to fix something went wrong issue on Venmo is, you can contact Venmo support and ask them to fix the issue. You can contact them via Live chat, customer support, or email and tell them that you’re facing this issue with Venmo. They might help you to fix the issue on your device.
It could be frustrating if you are trying to send or receive payments with Venmo but get an error instead. Just follow the steps we have described above and you’ll be able to fix the problem with Venmo easily. If you have any questions or queries, you can ask in the comment section below. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.